UPDATE: New builds were added to the Inactive Build Auction as of December 1st. Please check them out on the Google Doc spreadsheet. Also, a clarification has been added regarding promotions to Mayor when a Member wins an auction.
As Chief mentioned earlier, the final staff meeting for the year is coming up. The date/time has now been finalized, it will be held Saturday, December 21st at 9PM GMT.
Once again, if you would like to nominate other members for the Trusted rank, please do so using our new-fangled form here: http://dft.ba/-MRTNominate. The staff will consider all nominations at the staff meeting, and announce our decisions right afterwards.
Finally, we’re also announcing an “auction” for inactive builds and town on the server. To participate in the auction, please follow these steps:
- Visit this Google Doc spreadsheet for a list of all inactive builds currently being considered for “auction”. Additional builds may be added to this list as the auction progresses.
- If you are interested in one of the builds listed, or if you have an idea of an inactive build that isn’t listed that you would like ownership of, please send an e-mail to mod+auction [at] minecartrapidtransit.net. In your e-mail, please write at least a paragraph on why you would like ownership of the build/town, and what your plans are for that build/town if you did get ownership.
- There is no limit to how many proposals you send to the above e-mail address. However, please note that in the interest of fairness to all players, it is very unlikely that we will grant two or more builds to the same player.
- Players with the rank [Member] or [Member+] will not be automatically promoted to [Mayor] if they win an auction. Instead, they must wait two weeks after winning the auction, and then made have enough significant development or changes to the build after those two weeks. Members should then ask an admin to evaluate their build to gain the Mayor rank.
- The last day to submit your proposals will be December 20th. The staff will then make a final decision about these builds at the staff meeting on December 21st.
Any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail.
Good evening! I hope you have had a good, train-filled day. I’ve had a good day but haven’t had the chance yet to go ride a train. Looks like I need to go take care of that…
Anyway – actual news – We have our final GSM of 2013 coming up. The date is still up in the air so please hold tight as we get our schedules aligned. We’ll let you know as soon as we can of what the date is via MOTD, Spawn, and our social network channels. As usual we are accepting nominations from our community for the Trusted ranks, so if you have any nominations of players who you believe deserve the Trusted tag, please send them to us. We are not accepting nominations for the Moderator rank at this meeting.
If you want to send nominations, you must do so here: http://dft.ba/-MRTNominate. We are not accepting nominations through email, as they tend to fill up our inboxes for at least three weeks leading up to a meeting.
Tentative dates are being tossed around at the moment, so please hold tight; we’ll get you a finalized date as soon as we can.
First off, we’ve updated to Minecraft 1.6.4. Please adjust your Minecraft clients accordingly. We will update to 1.7+ once a stable Bukkit build is available.
Now for the big news: It’s been a long time coming, but starting today you can now buy supporter benefits for your Minecraft account on the server. At this time, supporters will gain the following benefits:
- A “+” symbol appended to their player tag indicating that they are a supporter: [Member+], [Mayor+], or [Trusted+]
- Use of the /me command in chat
- Use of chat colours
- Ability to place signs with coloured text
To make your purchase, first read our Supporter Policy, then click the link there to go to our Buycraft portal where you can actually make your purchase. Please read our Supporter Policy carefully, and follow all instructions on Buycraft.
The minimum purchase amount for these benefits is $10.00 CAD. Upon completion of your purchase, please wait up to 7 days before we send you a confirmation e-mail and grant you your benefits. Supporter benefits are granted on a permanent basis and do not need to be renewed.
Finally, I am also releasing an MRT Server Finances Google Doc to the public today. This document contains all expenses I have incurred so far in running this server, and it will also contain the usernames and amounts of all future supporter contributions. Since I am now taking in contributions, I personally think it’s a good idea to make these finances transparent so you, the players know where money is going.
Now I do not expect to recoup all or even half of my expenses in running the server from supporter contributions, so please don’t worry about the amount of expenses in the document. I will still continue to use my own money to keep this server running for the foreseeable future. That said, if you do choose to become a supporter, then I do sincerely thank you. Every little bit does help and I do appreciate it.
If you have any questions about the new supporter ranks and benefits, feel free to e-mail me. My e-mail address is on the Contact page.