Update: Trusted nominations are now closed. Thank you for participating in the Trusted nomination process! We will let everyone know of the recipients of Trusted after the meeting.
Update: The ASM date has been changed. The meeting will now occur on Saturday, February 1 at 4:00 PM Central time (10:00 PM UTC). Learn what time that is for you here. Trusted nominations will still close Friday, January 31.
We have an Administrative Staff Meeting coming up next Saturday evening, Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM Central time – note the time change! This ASM is a chance for administrators to have a meeting about current ongoings, so that we can address them appropriately. Some of the things we will be discussing are:
- Revising the Warning Policy (see below).
- Promoting players to Trusted. (Do this at http://dft.ba/-MRTNominate until this Friday, January 31. You can nominate players who currently have one warning, as our draft Warning Policy – see below – allows that.)
- Clearing some old warnings.
The Warning Policy, for those of you who don’t know what it is, is the policy we follow when it comes to issuing warnings. At the moment it states:
- Staff members have the power to issue a Warning, which is official instruction to stop doing something that is against the rules.
- Warnings are “active” from the date they are issued until the date they are cleared, which is roughly two months later.
- Players who have one active warning are demoted to the Member rank. If they have supporter benefits, they are demoted to the Member+ rank.
- Players who have three active warnings are temporarily banned from the server for 1 week. This temporary ban cannot be appealed.
- If, after receiving a temporary ban, another warning is issued, the player is indefinitely banned. This indefinite ban can be appealed 30 days after it is issued.
We wish to change the third item in the list to the following:
- Players who have one active warning have just that – a warning.
- Players who have two active warnings (or one warning for a major rule violation, such as griefing or blatant disrespect) are demoted to the Member/Member+ rank.
- Players who have three active warnings are temporarily banned. If a fourth warning is issued, the ban becomes permanent.
In other words, players won’t lose their Mayor or Trusted benefits until they accumulate two active warnings.
I hope to enact this warning policy at the ASM next week. If you have any thoughts, comments or questions, please e-mail admin+policy [at] minecartrapidtransit.net. We don’t bite (or warn you for asking us questions), I promise!
The ASM will be admins only, so unfortunately we don’t plan on releasing a recording of our meeting. However, afterwards we will take questions as usual.