The June GSM has concluded. A recording of the public portion and Q&A can be found here.
I discussed a bit about Mojang’s recent post about server monetization. I’ve summarized my talk into a separate news post, which you can find here.
The new server (codenamed “Gamma Server”) is up and running, but only accessible to staff as we test out new plugins. Since we still have to test out things, choose a new world, and then build the initial roads and MRT lines on the new world, it is unlikely that the new server will be ready by the upcoming server anniversary in July. The earliest estimate I can give you right now would be September, but again, it will be ready when it’s ready.
Speaking of choosing a new world, you can have a look at some of the Candidate Seeds that we’re considering. Right now, Candidate Seed 2 and 14 are what we consider the best candidates so far. For a seed to be considered “good”, we’re looking for the following criteria:
- Large Biomes, structures turned off
- Spawn is in Plains biome or near Plains biome
- Some ocean biomes with interesting coastlines or lakes, islands would be a bonus
- Some desert and savannah biomes
- Has a significantly-sized Arctic biome somewhere on map
- Has a significantly-sized Mesa biome somewhere on map
- Has a minimum amount of undesirable biomes such as swamp or jungle.
Only one Trusted promotion this time around, and that goes to Cortesi. Congratulations!
The May Build Auction has concluded and the results can be found here. The staff have also decided to discontinue holding these build auctions for the time being. If you would like to gain ownership of an inactive build, please instead e-mail the admins and we will consider each proposal on a case-by-case basis at future GSMs.
That’s all for now, if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mail.