The August 30th GSM has concluded, and we have some important announcements regarding the new (Gamma) server.
First, we have set the opening date for the new server for Saturday, October 4th! Here’s a desktop wallpaper if you want that (though the time is still subject to change).
There will be another GSM held a week before launch on Saturday, September 27th.
Second, you can now view a dynmap of the new server by navigating to http://dynmap.minecartrapidtransit.net. From here, you can watch the staff as they finish construction on Central City and the 11 initial MRT lines.
Third, here are some details about the new server that many people have been asking about:
Economy on the New Server
- All players will be given $0.05 per minute they are on the server and not AFK. All players are automatically set to AFK after 5 minutes of inactivity, and all non-staff players are kicked after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Players will have access to personal /homes, private warps, and the /tpa command (same as /call). The difference between personal /homes and private warps is that /homes can only be used by yourself, while private warps can be shared with others, either as a command or as a warp sign. Players will be able to create warp signs for their own private warps, without the help of any staff member. Personal /homes will be free to use, but warps and /tpa will cost $0.25 per use.
- We’ll only be using the basic Essentials Economy functionality for now. We looked at various other plugins for companies, corporations, stock markets, shops, ticket booths, and turnstiles, but we decided to consider them at a later date.
- There will be a lottery plugin installed, which allows you to buy tickets for draws that take place every 12 hours.
- The uCars plugin will be installed on the new server, allowing players to place and drive minecarts on designated roads, like an automobile. It does not affect the functionality of regular minecarts on rails, except when a uCar drives on to a rail, the uCar attaches itself to the rail like a regular minecart.
- Any player can drive a uCar, but only members and up and place a uCar. This is to prevent guests from spamming uCars on roads.
- uCars require fuel to operate. You will be able buy fuel at designated gas stations with special [uFuel] Buy signs. Fuel costs $0.25 per litre, and 1 litre gives you about 2-3 minutes of driving time.
uCars can only be placed and driven on the following blocks:
- Wool: Black, White, Yellow, Light Grey, and Dark Grey only
- Stained Clay: Black, White, Yellow, Light Grey, Dark Grey, and Cyan only
- Quartz: All block types
- Slabs: Quartz, Nether Brick, and Stone only
- Gravel, but carts drive at half speed
What will happen to the old world?
A day before the launch of the new server, the old server will be shut down, and the old world transferred over Before the transfer occurs, please note the following:
- If you have any valuable items like books or maps that you want to keep, please place them in regular chests in the old world before the transfer. Don’t leave them in your inventory or enderchest, as they may get lost in the migration.
- Custom map images may also break in the migration. If this occurs, we will be re-uploading these custom maps with new numbers, and you will then be able to replace the old maps with the new ones.
- All warps on the old world will no longer work after migration. Personal homes and warps will need to be recreated by the player. Please be patient as staff recreate the warps for warp booths, buses, and airplanes.
- We will not be copying large builds from the old world to the new world. You may ask a staff member to copy one or two small structures at the staff’s discretion, but we would rather encourage players to build new and original structures on the new world.
Other GSM Announcements
The recording for the public portion of the GSM can be found here.
The following players have been promoted to Trusted. Congratulations!
That’s all for now.