Hey guys! Thanks to everyone who came on and had fun with the new world on the opening weekend, it’s been SUPER fun and a great start to the new world!
The admins have couple announcements, some reminders, and a new policy. Please be sure to read through the entire post – sorry, it’s a long one, but there’s a lot of useful info here.
Announcements and reminders:
- I’m going to do my best to film weekly news updates about the server again! The new series will be called the MRT Coffee Break. I’ll shoot them on Monday nights at 10:30 pm CDT (schedule permitting) and upload them on Wednesday mornings to my YouTube channel chiefbozx.
- The promotion process has changed. Please see /promotions for full details on how to get promoted up to higher ranks. All Members and up accepted on or before September 20th are eligible for promotions now, once all rank requirements are met, and all outstanding warnings are cleared.
- The lottery has been tweaked. You can buy a maximum of 25 tickets per drawing, the maximum number of tickets has been increased to 500, and drawings occur every 6 hours. Tickets are still $1 each.
- Panhandling (asking people to donate money to you) is classified as spam! Staff will begin issuing formal warnings later this week. It’s getting annoying, so please stop.
- WorldEdits are discouraged until the weekend. Please use the existing landscape and your creativity to work on your city! We will begin doing WorldEdits for you this weekend.
- Reminder: Land-scarring and land-flattening WorldEdits are banned. Do not ask us to flatten an area for you – we won’t. We can easily de-forest an area and remove tall grass and other wildflowers, but we will not be flattening large chunks of land.
- Please keep cities and towns a good distance from each other! A minimum of 500 blocks is required between town halls. If there is a WorldGuard claim region (for staff towns), you need to be about 100-200 blocks away from the edge of that region.
- Only ONE land claim and ONE station claim outside of Central City! No exceptions! We have issued warnings to players who have claimed excessive stations and/or land. If you decide that you don’t need a station, please remove your claim signs.
- For those who have reached the [Councillor] rank, in addition to your claim outside Central City, you may claim one reasonably-sized piece of land in Central City. Please do not claim an overly large area, and please do not make another land claim until your first claim has been fully built and furnished.
- To claim a station: Place signs outside all entrances stating that the station is claimed.
And now the exciting bit: We are pleased to announce a new policy for cities and towns that are large collaborative projects! If you’re interested in starting and building a town with someone else (or in a group), here’s what you need to know about the Shared Municipality Policy (SMP):
Shared Municipality Policy
- SMP applies to large, shared cities consisting of multiple unique districts.
- These cities need to be registered as shared municipalities (SMs). You can do this by emailing the admins (not the mods).
- You need at least 3 people and 3 unique districts to qualify. We will work this out with you when you email us to register. We expect that each person involved will have an approximately equal share of the “ownership” of the project.
- Each district is essentially its own town with a Mayor, a Deputy Mayor, a town hall, and a name.
- The edges of the districts must be within approximately 300 blocks of each other in order to be counted as a part of the larger city.
- The Mayor of each district works on that district as if it is its own town: attracting residents, building landmarks, and building connections to the other districts (and other nearby cities). Each district progresses through the ranks independent of the others.
- All districts may share a road and rail network, beginning at the [Councillor] rank.
- For construction perks and restrictions (like permissions to build inter-city roads and rail-lines, transit hubs, stadiums, and airports), these are determined by the district of the highest rank, and they apply to all districts within the city. For example, if your 4-district city had 1 district at [Senator], 2 districts at [Mayor], and 1 district at [Councillor], all districts can build inter-city roads and rail-lines, transit hubs, and stadiums, but none would be able to build airports or amusement parks until one of the districts achieves the [Governor] rank.
- For personal perks and restrictions (like homes, warps and block placement), these are solely based on the rank of your district. For example, the owner of a district who is a [Senator] would receive the [Senator] tag and be able to have up to 10 private warps, regardless of the “overall rank” of the city as a whole. Of course, if at any time you have two active warnings, you are demoted back to [Member].
- In the event that the city’s shared municipality needs to end (such as if a district mayor is banned, there is a district ownership transfer, or other conflict that results in the collaboration ending), ownership of the districts will fall to their mayors. We will work with you at that point to determine next steps for the city’s shared municipality.
Phew, that was a lot. We hope you guys are enjoying the new wold as much as we are! DFTBA! 🙂
Service Status as of 7pm UTC:
Minecraft Server: UP
Old Mumble: UP
New Mumble: UP
Last call to get your stuff in the world! We will be performing all shutdown operations tonight, so if you want to get your stuff transferred over, now is your last chance!
Gamma opens noon PDT on Saturday (7pm UTC), give or take an hour depending on upgrade status. Check my twitter @chiefbozx for updates as we get closer.
If you want to look at what stations other players are interested in, check the wiki. You can click here to officially reserve a station now, in case you won’t be there on Saturday.
Congratulations. You just got rickrolled.