Good morning! It’s snowing outside, so what better opportunity to announce details about a staff meeting!
Our next staff meeting is currently tentatively scheduled for Saturday, November 22, 2014 (that’s a bit under two weeks away). Included in the meeting will be our very first round of promotions to the [Senator] rank, as well as some general issue fixing and policy tweaks. We hope to start the public meeting on time at 10pm UTC this time around as well.
Here are the official eligibility requirements for [Senator]:
- You must have received the [Mayor] rank on or before October 25, 2014. If you received Mayor on the 26th we may consider you if your city is exceptionally qualified.
- You must have no active warnings against you. (Run /warnings in game to check your warnings status.)
- Your city must have at least 40 unique builds.
- Your city must have at least 10 businesses or residences owned by other players. While these don’t have to be 10 unique players, it is recommended.
- Your city must have a unique, identifying landmark.
If you think your town meets these requirements, or will by the 22nd, please ask an admin in-game to add your city to the agenda. (If no admins, ask a mod, but there’s usually at least one admin online or near their computer most of the day.) You can email the admins if all else fails – please don’t use a direct address or your message will likely be lost.
We need to receive these requests by Saturday, November 22 and 8:00pm UTC, so that we have time to review your city. However, sooner is better, as this allows more staff to have input.
For those of you who are about to get a foot of snow dumped on them, drive safe – wait, don’t do that. Take the train instead! (Hint: it’s probably faster! Here are some handy links, maybe one of them might help you: MT | DTA | CTA | MTA | MARTA | TFL | BART)