UPDATE: Recording for the public portion is now available here.
Hey folks! Here are your announcements from yesterday’s meeting. The public portion of the meeting was recorded and will be posted here soon – probably in the next day or so. (Frumple is checking that he did name the recordings properly this time!)
We are pleased to announce that three cities have been promoted up to the Senator rank. Congratulations to:
- RLcrafters of Sealane, D2-M2-XW2
- hntredtie of Appleton, P8
- mfish125 of Ilirea, XW18
In addition, one city was promoted further to the Governor rank. Congratulations to _frozen of Whitechapel, A11!
Unfortunately we didn’t check all of the cities that were submitted! This is because a couple of you filled out the form very close to the meeting and we didn’t officially add the cities to the agenda. In the future, please submit the form as soon as you think you’re ready! Just like member applications, we check that form every few days, and we’ll check your town at the meeting itself.
If you requested a city review and were not promoted (or you submitted the form close to the meeting), you will be rolled over to the next meeting, so no need to re-apply. Admins should be talking with you at some point over the next week or so about what you can do to improve your city for next time. 🙂
Finally, we are pleased to announce a new (old?) Moderator: Omricon is re-joining the ranks of the staff. Please give him a warm welcome when you see him online.
Policy changes regarding roads
Roads are all classified as A, B or C, depending on how they are built and where they go. A-class roads are the most restrictive in how and where they can be built. While anyone can build A-class roads, we are now implementing a procedure to determine who will build these roads, and where they will go. Players who build A-class roads will be able to receive in-game money as well.
The basic procedure is:
- The staff creates a Road Corridor (RC): a simple proposal of two cities that should be connected together by an A-class road. For example, an RC could call for a road between Whitechapel (A11) and Victorian City (P10).
- Members submit bids to the staff, to be looked over at a GSM. These bids must include a list of players who will be building the road, and an alignment (which should be created using Dynmap screenshots with lines drawn on top). Members may submit bids for any number of proposed RCs.
- At the GSM, the staff selects a bid. We will try to allow as many players as possible to participate in road construction.
- After the GSM, the admins and winners of the bid will write up a contract containing details of the road: the alignment, player list, timeframe, and the amount of money to be received.
- The road will be constructed according to the terms of the contract.
- When the road is complete, by default it will be owned by the server, meaning any major changes such as extensions or rerouting are not allowed. However, if the players involved or an MPO wishes to become the owner of the road, they must specify this in their bid and contract.
We will provide a more detailed version of this procedure as we get closer to the next GSM.
MRT Line Extension Project
The Eastern line, and Plains line extension, have been cleared for construction. You should start to see new stations on these lines opening very soon!
For now, stations on the Eastern line between C27 and P29 will be given temporary station codes starting with EC (similar to how the Zaquar Shuttle used temporary codes ZSA through ZSD). These codes will be re-assigned once the line is completed.
I will be heading the construction of the north section of the line (C20-XE22 and up), and Just_robinho is heading the construction of the central section (C20-XE22 to P29). The southern section (P29 to Pearl City South) is currently on hold, but will be built soon.
The next line to be cleared will be the Taiga line extension. That project will likely be headed by lalaboy67 again, and will be aligned and cleared in the next couple of months.
Upcoming Screenshot Contest
As you may have noticed, the website is looking a little bit… boring. And flat. And it used to have the pretty picture at the top and then it vanished when Gamma launched. 🙁
To fix that, we will be holding a screenshot contest! The details and submission process are coming soon, so DON’T send us emails with stuff yet… I promise, we will provide details as soon as we can.
Frumple likes pretty pictures, so it’s your job to take pretty pictures of just about anything cool on the MRT. We love to see pictures of cool cities, random one-off builds, or special events. Your cities are a great place to start if you’re stuck. We will be taking a number of submissions and putting them up on the website!
Other rules include:
- The Heads-Up Display (HUD) must be hidden in screenshots (press F1 to show/hide it).
- Shaders and renders are OK.
- Using Connected Textures and Grass Sides on OptiFine is allowed and encouraged.
- Non-default texture packs are OK (but we prefer default).
- Resolution must be 1024×768 or higher. We will crop winning images down to an appropriate size for the website.
- Please don’t edit your screenshots after you’ve taken them! Some cropping or rotation (or other basic edits) are OK, but don’t add stuff in the middle of the image.
Again, look for a future post for complete rules and submission instructions. Did I mention there were cash prizes???
That’s all for now. Thanks!