The Beta Server is now open to all players for 1.8 testing! Connect your 1.8.4 Minecraft client to: beta.minecartrapidtransit.net, or minecartrapidtransit.net:35565.
Please note that purpose of this server is to TEST features in Minecraft 1.8 and associated plugins. Griefing is allowed for the purposes of testing stuff, but if you’re going on there just to grief, then please go elsewhere.
Here is the full list of plugin changes that you’ll notice on the Beta Server:
- The BetterShops plugin has been installed! [Trustees] and above are able to create their own chest and NPC shops. See this link for a tutorial on how to add your own shops: https://github.com/moomaxie/BetterShops/wiki/Tutorial
- MyWarp has been upgraded to 3.0-beta 1, with some major revamping of its internal configuration and permissions. Please take special care that all warps and commands are working properly.
- On the Beta Server only, dynmap can be accessed at http://dynmap-beta.minecartrapidtransit.net. However, due to disk space constraints, all dynmap renders have been disabled.
- The issue with minecarts not getting destroyed by cactus, fire, or lava has been resolved.
- Dispensers are now prevented from spawning most spawn eggs and prohibited items.
Here is a list of known issues still outstanding:
- WorldGuard greeting colour codes have been changed to correspond with Minecraft color codes. This is an intentional change by the plugin, and can only be fixed by manually updating all WorldGuard greetings by hand.
- Rotating schematics with WorldEdit still causes rails to disappear.
- Some BetterShops NPCs get duplicated twice for an unknown reason.
- Dispensers can still spawn villager spawn eggs.
- Double stone slabs (43:8) cannot be held in your hand. Workaround: use Polished Andesite (1:6), or have it WorldEdited into place.
- Custom maps that used black may need to be re-uploaded. The colors of maps have changed, and so black pixels may have changed to brown. This can be seen at Vermilion Gateway Airport (VER).
If you find a bug or issue on the Beta Server, please let the admins know at admin [at] minecartrapidtransit.net. Your help is greatly appreciated!
If testing does not find any critical issues in the next couple of weeks or so, then we will likely update the main server before the end of May. Therefore, please get on there and help test so that we can rollout this update to 1.8 faster!