The last GSM of the year has concluded and here are the results. As usual, the recording for the public portion can be downloaded here.
Transit hub exterior “shells” are now banned
Until now, players below the [Senator] rank have been allowed to built an exterior “shell” for their planned transit hub, in which the hub has no transit connections or interior decorations. However, recently this has proved to be a “grey area” in terms of enforcement, with players constructing very large shells that could be considered fully functional hubs depending on perspective. To simplify this rule, effective immediately, we have decided to ban all new exterior “shells” for transit hubs. Existing “shells” can still remain, and be completed when the player has reached [Senator] rank.
Large battle scenes with armor stands are now officially discouraged
It’s come to our attention that some players have built large battle scenes using numerous armor stands. We have several reports that such concentrations of armor stands is causing significant client-side lag for players, and they may be contributing to server-side lag as well. While we will not be outright banning armor stands at this time, we would like to ask these players to consider removing these battle scenes or minimize the use of armor stands such that all players can enjoy the server in a more lag-free manner. Thank you for your co-operation.
Moderators can now tempban players up to 24 hours
We are still in the process of finding a new administrator for the server, and a decision for this will likely come in January. In the meantime, to help moderators deal with disruptive guests, we’ve decided to grant moderators the ability to perform temporary bans up to 24 hours. This is meant to be a more effective tool for immediately removing such guests, instead of the usual muting/kicking/jailing scheme. In most cases, admins will then convert the temporary ban into a permanent ban shortly afterward.
Do note that for disruptive members or members who have accumulated enough warnings, the moderators have been instructed to not use their tempban powers except in extreme circumstances. In such situations, administrators will continue to issue 1 week temporary bans, or permanent bans as needed.
Wiki account registration is now open again
Due to vandalism on the wiki a while back, we had to shut off the creation of accounts. We’ve now decided to re-open account registration once again. Do note that while anyone will be able to create a new account, the creation and editing of page will still be restricted to [Trustees] and above.
- A22 has been granted to _Ptld.
- C3 may be put up for auction at the next GSM, pending a notification to the current owner who is still active.
- Tetrapolis (T15) will be put up for auction at the next GSM.
- Khan (F4/I4) will be put up for auction at the next GSM.
- Solarion (XE18/C16, XE19/C17) has been granted to Tom_Pairs.
- The construction of the A50 “Great Southern Highway”, running from ZS21 to V28 via Zaquar and Elecna Bay, has been recently abandoned by mine_man. This highway will be open to proposals from other players to take over and finish construction.
- The A1 highway, running from Central City north to Nippia/Liten via the Ionian Conurbation SMP, will be allowed to continue construction for the time being. If no significant progress has been made by the next GSM, ownership of the highway may be auctioned off to another player who can finish the highway.
- A proposal from RedBear47 for a winding, mountainous B-Road from Birchwood to St. Anna has been approved.
Finally, a reminder to get your submissions in for City Rank Candidate Batch #4 by this Thursday, December 17th. Submit your requests using the City Rank Promotion Request Form. Voting will take place over the next week, resulting in promotions being issued on December 25th.
That’s all for now.
First off, apologies for the delay in getting these results out on to the website. I’ve been super busy with real life and haven’t had the energy to deal with server stuff for quite some time. Things may wind down as the holidays approach, so I’ll try to catch up in the coming weeks. As always, the recording for the public portion of the GSM is available and can be downloaded here.
After getting in contact with them after a long bout of inactivity, computerghost and thomasfyfe will be stepping down from the Administrator positions on the server, effective immediately. CG will be continuing as a regular member on the server, while Thomas will be staying on as a moderator. Both CG and Thomas have been instrumental in shaping the server that you see today, and we thank them for their amazing contributions as admins.
As of the November GSM, we’re happy to announce that Ortem and AlikSong are our newest moderators on the staff. Congratulations to them both! At the GSM, we also announced that we would be bringing one more administrator. However, the admin candidate has passed on the promotion citing that they are too busy in real life. Therefore for the time being, we will continue assessing other administrator candidates for an eventual promotion later.
New Rules regarding Intercity Fibre Cables and Power Lines
A proposal was brought to the staff’s attention which asked for permission to build fibre cable systems across the new world. These systems would be compact and built with redstone, but would not serve an in-game functional purpose and would be inert (redstone would not be switched constantly switched on or off, causing lag).
To ensure that these constructions not become too dominant on the server, the staff have decided to impose rules on these builds, similar to that of roads. Effective immediately, players may only build intercity fibre cables and power lines if they are of [Councillor] rank or higher. As always, you must have permission from the other town’s mayor beforehand. In addition to these rules, if a situation arises where a fibre or cable crosses a rail or road, the rail or road takes priority and the fibre or cable must work around it.
- Maliwan (P14) – Owned by sean1240, will be contacted by e-mail, if no response within a week, town will be destroyed.
- Bandaraya (T11 and T12) – Owned by TakenName, new ownership granted to jphgolf4321.
- Spruce Mountain (D10) – Owned by bnsfninja, new ownership granted to Missa_Solemnis.
- Khan (F4/14) – Owned by HurricaneNathan, no new ownership granted.
- Redloch (XE18, XE19, C16, C17) – Owned by _hnt, no requests for ownership, still open for next GSM.
- XW13 – Owned by ezzocraft, town can now be openly claimed on first-come, first-serve basis.
City Rank Candidate Batch #4
The last candidate batch of the year for promotions to [Senator], [Governor], and [Premier] is now open. Submit your requests using the City Rank Promotion Request Form by December 17th, 2015. The full list of relevant dates for this batch are as follows:
- Submissions open on: December 6th, 2015
- Submissions close by: December 17th, 2015 (by 11:59 PM PST)
- Admod voting begins on: December 18th, 2015
- Admod voting ends by: December 24th, 2015 (by 11:59 PM PST)
- Promotions are granted on: December 25th, 2015 (Ho Ho Ho)
The last GSM of the year will be held this coming Saturday, December 12th at 7pm GMT. More details about the agenda of this meeting will be updated on to this post as it becomes available.
That’s all for now.