Sorry for the long delay, real life has been super busy for me lately. Here are the results of the February General Staff Meeting. The recording of the public portion is available here.
Server and Community Topics
- All non-staff players will now be kicked after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- We have been testing out a new Discord server recently. The verdict is that we’ll be keeping both Mumble and Discord servers for the foreseeable future, as they both serve a purpose. Mumble will still be used for GSMs and other major events on the server, while Discord’s text channels act as a useful bulletin board for discussions and news.
- Recently, there have been a number of players who have abandoned towns that they started working on, or gave away their towns to members of lower rank. This makes it more difficult for staff members to determine if a town is worthy of a rank if the player didn’t do most of the work. A discussion took place during the private portion of the meeting but no decision has been made. The discussion will continue at the next GSM. In the meantime, the staff would like to strongly encourage players to not give up on their towns so easily.
- The staff members would like to also remind members to not pester staff about their Trustee nominations. Also, we would like to clarify that players who have been vetoed by staff after getting 3 or more nominations will have to be wait a period of 1 month to be re-considered. You will be informed by a staff member if you have been vetoed.
- Also, a reminder that using /pay * is considered spam and is a warnable offense. Please do not continue using this command in this fashion.
- A51 connecting from the A4 to Whiteley via Matheson has been approved, pending permission from Matheson’s mayor.
- Central City Highway Interchanges will be redesigned by suppoe in the coming months.
- MRT Phase 3 Extensions:
- The Mesa Line will be extended to its southwestern terminus by thomasfyfe in the coming months.
- The Eastern Line will continue to be extended southward by Just_Robinho, the northern portion will be extended by _hnt.
- An industrial island expansion for the island of Camino (proposed by Omricon) has been approved.
- An airport proposal from the Union of Central Western Territories (consisting of Sealane, Formosa, and Danielston) was rejected for being too far from the SMP and too close to Central City. A new proposal with a more centrally located airport will be considered at the next GSM.
- An airport proposal for _Kastle’s city of New Covina was approved with conditions. The eastern half of the airport was approved, and only with some reductions in the length of the runways and the area used. The western half of the airport can be re-proposed once the city has reached a sufficient size.
- An airport proposal for the Marblelake Heathrow International Airport from Just_Robinho was approved with conditions. The airport may begin construction once an intermediate area between Lakeview and the airport has been built up and developed.
March GSM Date
The March General Staff Meeting will be held next Saturday, March 26th at 7pm GMT. For those players now in Daylight Savings Time, please take note. The agenda for this meeting has not yet been finalized.
City Rank Promotion Batch #6 is now open
The next batch is now open for candidate submissions. Submit your request to be promoted to [Senator], [Governor], or [Premier] using the City Rank Promotion Request Form. Dates for this batch are as follows:
- Submissions close by: April 1st, 2016 by 11:59 PST
- Admod voting begins on: April 2nd, 2016
- Admod voting ends on: April 9th, 2016 by 11:59 PST
- Promotions are granted on April 10th, 2016.
That’s all for now.