Apologies for the short notice, but just letting you know that the next General Staff Meeting will be held tomorrow, on Sunday, May 1st at the usual time of 7pm UTC. There will be some important announcements at this meeting, but the rest of the GSM will be mainly focused on going through project and auction requests from members. We will not be considering any major rules changes, or moderator nominations at this meeting.
The server ran out of disk space today, so I’m currently running a purge on the CoreProtect database to free it up. It looks like this process will take a few hours, so until then the server will be whitelisted. I’ll edit this post later when we’re back to normal.
UPDATE: Server is now back up and running. Please note the following:
- To clear up disk space, block logs older than 30 days from today have been purged. Therefore, when you ask a staff members to view history, they will not be able to see beyond that point.
- For the short time period when disk space ran out (approximately an hour before the whitelist was turned on), any changes to blocks, warps, and player information may have been lost. Unfortunately, there is likely no way to recover that data.
- To facilitate the CoreProtect purge, the dynmap renderings for all world had to be deleted. They will automatically be re-rendered over the coming week at the usual scheduled time.
- Finally, unlike Prism, CoreProtect doesn’t automatically purge its data on a regular basis. Therefore in the future, we will need to whitelist the server and run these purges again every few months. We will inform you as to when the next “purge” day will occur.
Just a quick announcement regarding the results of the latest City Rank Candidate Batch. Voting has concluded, and we have 5 promotions to Senator, and 1 new promotion to Governor:
- AP_Red (for the town of Whiteley, already Senator rank)
- mine_man_ (for the town of Vegetus, already Governor rank)
- _HeavenAngel_ (for the town of Quiris)
- godzilltrain (for the town of Segville)
- MindBender15 (for the town of Radiance Square)
- LDShadowLord (for the City of Evella)
Congratulations to all who were promoted. Feedback emails to all candidates will hopefully be sent within the next week. I also apologize for not sending feedback emails for the last batch, I’ll try to do a better job this time around.
The March 2016 GSM has concluded. The recording for the public portion can be downloaded here.
After much time and deliberation, I am pleased to announce the promotion of two new administrators: _frozen and BaronThamesBank.
Congratulations to both of you! With the additional help on the administrative front, we hope this will result in a quicker turnaround time for everything from processing member applications to banning unruly guests.
Recently, staff members have noticed that WorldEdit requests from players have taken an increasingly impersonal and disrespectful tone. Therefore, we would like to ask players to keep the following points in mind before you ask for a WorldEdit:
- Be respectful of the staff members time: Remember that they are volunteers and may refuse your W/E request at their discretion.
- “10 Minute Rule”: If an admod has just joined, do not ask them for a W/E until 10 minutes have passed.
- “5 Minute Rule”: If you can do a W/E by hand within 5 minutes, then do not ask for such a W/E.
- Place your corners: Make sure you have placed blocks indicating the corners of the W/E. Failure to do so wastes the time of the staff member.
- Use /helpop: When you’re ready to make your WorldEdit request, use /helpop so that staff can easily see it.
These etiquette points have been added to the Rules page, and will be more strictly enforced by staff going forward. Note that the last point regarding /helpop is a new addition in order to help keep the main chat channel clear of WorldEdit requests.
Roads and Projects
- The A8 extension (proposed by _frozen) westward to Storalisburg (C94) and Spring Creek has been approved.
- The Union of Central Western Territories (UCW) Airport (proposed by camelfantasy) has been approved in its new location in the mountains south of Sealane and Formosa.
- The Wazamawazi Airport (proposed by autobus22) has been approved in its location north of the city.
City Rank Candidate Batch #6 Voting Extended
Due to the busy lives of our staff members, we were not able to get a sufficient number of votes for the towns in this batch by the deadline. Therefore, the voting deadline will be extended by almost 1 week to April 15th, 2016 at 11:59 PDT. Promotions will then be made on the following day on April 16th.
That’s all for now.