The March 2016 GSM has concluded. The recording for the public portion can be downloaded here.
After much time and deliberation, I am pleased to announce the promotion of two new administrators: _frozen and BaronThamesBank.
Congratulations to both of you! With the additional help on the administrative front, we hope this will result in a quicker turnaround time for everything from processing member applications to banning unruly guests.
Recently, staff members have noticed that WorldEdit requests from players have taken an increasingly impersonal and disrespectful tone. Therefore, we would like to ask players to keep the following points in mind before you ask for a WorldEdit:
- Be respectful of the staff members time: Remember that they are volunteers and may refuse your W/E request at their discretion.
- “10 Minute Rule”: If an admod has just joined, do not ask them for a W/E until 10 minutes have passed.
- “5 Minute Rule”: If you can do a W/E by hand within 5 minutes, then do not ask for such a W/E.
- Place your corners: Make sure you have placed blocks indicating the corners of the W/E. Failure to do so wastes the time of the staff member.
- Use /helpop: When you’re ready to make your WorldEdit request, use /helpop so that staff can easily see it.
These etiquette points have been added to the Rules page, and will be more strictly enforced by staff going forward. Note that the last point regarding /helpop is a new addition in order to help keep the main chat channel clear of WorldEdit requests.
Roads and Projects
- The A8 extension (proposed by _frozen) westward to Storalisburg (C94) and Spring Creek has been approved.
- The Union of Central Western Territories (UCW) Airport (proposed by camelfantasy) has been approved in its new location in the mountains south of Sealane and Formosa.
- The Wazamawazi Airport (proposed by autobus22) has been approved in its location north of the city.
City Rank Candidate Batch #6 Voting Extended
Due to the busy lives of our staff members, we were not able to get a sufficient number of votes for the towns in this batch by the deadline. Therefore, the voting deadline will be extended by almost 1 week to April 15th, 2016 at 11:59 PDT. Promotions will then be made on the following day on April 16th.
That’s all for now.