Here are the announcements and results from the recent General Staff Meeting. As always, the recording for the public portion is available here.
Frumple on Vacation
I will be on vacation from May 5th to May 23rd. Specifically, from May 7th to May 14th, I will have very limited internet or e-mail contact. During this time, the admins will be in charge of the server. In the event of a catastrophic incident on the server during this time, the admins will be instructed to shut down the server temporarily until I return. This will help prevent any further damage to the world and data on the server.
As I noted in the my previous news post, we will need to periodically run a purge of our CoreProtect database every 1-2 months. Due to the nature of the purge, this requires the server to be whitelisted for a few hours while the purge is running. The next CoreProtect purge will occur this Thursday, May 5th, from approximately 6pm to 11pm PDT. During this time, the server will be whitelisted to staff only. This will ensure that there is sufficient disk space on the server before I leave on vacation.
Usage of the Schematica Mod
Effective immediately, players will be allowed to use the Schematica mod on the server on a trial basis. All players may only use this mod to assist them in constructing their builds, and absolutely not for malicious purposes. All existing construction rules will apply to any build constructed using Schematica, which includes (but is not exhaustive) to the following:
- Respecting the landscape
- Clearing large areas in an unnecessary manner
- Buildings copied using Schematica must be of your own effort and design. Plagiarism of other builds that you do not own will not be tolerated.
We will allow the usage of this mod until the next GSM, at which we will evaluate whether to allow it permanently or not. If we find that players are abusing the mod in violation of the rules, then we will disallow the use of the mod immediately.
War Scenes and Armor Stands
During the private portion of the GSM, staff discussed the recent rise of war scenes that have been popping up around the server. The main concerns that were brought up were the reports of players building these scenes in other towns without permission, the negativity and interpersonal conflicts that arose from these scenes, and the excessive use of armor stands. Staff were split as to what to do about this situation, so a decision on the matter will be deferred until the next GSM.
However for the time being, when it comes to evaluating towns for promotions, staff are in agreement that war scenes detract from the overall ambiance of the town. Therefore, when submitting your town for evaluation, it would be in your best interest to remove such scenes to have the highest chance of being approved for promotion.
SMPs are now limited to 6 towns
We have noticed that some SMPs have been become quite large both in terms of number of town and the area that they cover. In an effort to prevent SMPs from becoming too large, effective immediately, SMPs will be limited to a maximum of 6 towns.
- B750 (proposed by _inDev_) has been approved. This road travels from Espil (C81) to Glenbrook/Sulfreal Lakes (M14/M15) and Kolpino (M18).
- A90 (proposed by PtldKnight and Ardyan) has been approved. This road travels from Armada (A26/C107) to BirchView (C1) with many exits to towns along the route.
- Kessler Dragon Network (proposed by lalaboy) has been approved. Since Kessler is a medieval/fantasy city, a transportation network using dragons to connect with other towns is thematically appropriate.
- Hummingbird Islands Airport (proposed by MinecraftYoshi26) has been approved.
- P35 has been granted to _AngelAlexander_.
- A21 has been granted to PtldKnight.
- P17 has been granted to JenYukiJulia.
- D23/C65 has been granted to CaptLincoln.
Please also note that new stations on the Mesa Line are officially available for auction. These stations are M31, M32, M33, and M34. If you would like to claim one of these stations, please send an e-mail to staff [at] minecartrapidtransit.net stating your reasons why you should be granted the station.
That’s all for now.