Here is an assorted list of announcements for the month of April:
April 2017 GSM
The next General Staff Meeting will be held next Sunday, April 9th at 7pm UTC (12pm PDT, 3pm EDT). Topics for this meeting can include, but are not exhaustive to the following:
- Finalize the Rank Revamp and SMP Abolishment Proposals from last meeting
- Consideration of other rule and rank suggestions submitted by members
- Boring road proposals
- Yet another set of canal proposals
- Even more town auctions
The Minecraft server will be whitelisted for several hours this Wednesday, April 5th starting at 4pm UTC (9am PDT, 12pm EDT). During this time, the server will be upgraded with new and updated plugins. The biggest changes include:
- The server software we use, called Spigot, will be replaced with a faster, more optimized fork called PaperSpigot. PaperSpigot does make some changes to how ticks in Minecraft operate, but it is not expect to cause any major problems with minecart or redstone systems.
- Our chat plugin darmok does not work with PaperSpigot, so we will be replacing it with a more modern plugin called VentureChat.
VentureChat supports various chat channels similar to darmok, but also supports party chat, which can be useful for private in-game conversations between 3 or more players without resorting to PMs.
- /chlist – List all channels available to player
- /chatinfo – See player’s own chat information
- /join [channelname] or /channel [channelname] – Set the current channel
- /listen [channelname] – Listen to a channel without changing the current channel
- /leave [channelname] – Leave a channel.
/party or /p Commands:
- /party help – Lists all party commands.
- /party host – Starts your own party.
- /party join [playername] – Join a player’s party.
- /party leave – Leave the current party.
- /party kick [playername] – Kick a player from your party.
- /party ban [playername] – Ban a player from your party.
- /party info [playername] – Show whether you are hosting a party, joined a party, and if party chat is enabled.
- /party chat – Toggles party chat.
- /party members [playername] – Shows the list of members in the player’s party.
City Rank Candidate Batch #11 Results
Promotions for this Candidate Batch were announced in-game back in February, but here are the official results of that batch:
New Senator Cities:
- Freedon (SoSo123)
- Spring Valley (Architect_21)
- Waverly (cal76)
- Camino (Omricon)
New Governor Cities:
- Lanark (Earack)
Feedback for all candidates has been sent to their respective e-mail addresses. Thank you to all who submitted and congratulations to the new Senators and Governor!
City Rank Candidate Batch #12
The next candidate batch is now open for submissions. We would like to ask any candidates from previous batches who did not get promoted to consider the feedback sent to them very carefully and to make a significant effort on their town before submitting again. This will help save time for staff and help them avoid re-evaluating a town that hasn’t changed very much since it was last submitted. As always, you can submit your town for consideration for the Senator, Governor, or Premier ranks using the City Rank Promotion Request Form. Here are the relevant dates for this batch.
- Submissions closed: Friday, April 14th at 11:59 PM PDT
- Voting begins: Saturday, April 15th
- Voting ends: Friday, April 28th at 11:59 PM PDT
- Promotions given: Saturday, April 29th
That is all for now.