This is just a quick announcement introducing the new official MRT Events Calendar to the website. View the calendar at https://www.minecartrapidtransit.net/events. This admin-curated calendar will not only show important dates such as General Staff Meetings and City Rank Candidate Batch deadlines, but it can also include member-organized events such as game shows, award shows, competitions, etc.
For a member-organized event to be eligible for addition to the calendar, the event must satisfy the following criteria:
- The event must be open to all MRT members, for either watching the event or actively participating in the event.
- The event must be major and significant in nature.
- Examples of what is allowed: Entertainment shows, game shows, award shows, sport events, expos and conventions, contests.
- Examples of what is NOT allowed: Grand openings of any franchise, business, station, road, or transport facility.
- If you have an event that does not fall into any of the above categories, please ask an admin to see if the event would be okay to be added.
- The event must have a detailed wiki page that describes the nature of the event, date(s) and time(s) for the event, and any prizes or voting schemes if any.
To submit a member-organized event for consideration, please send an e-mail to admin [at] minecartrapidtransit.net (not staff) with a link to your wiki page.
It is my hope that this calendar will help bring more visibility into events happening on the server, especially with the busy summer approaching. In addition, the staff and I will be considering some proposals at the next GSM to possibly introduce in-game money grants / incentives to encourage more member-organized events, or allowing such events to advertised on official channels, such as the MRT Twitter. More details will be posted after the GSM, which itself will be scheduled and added to the calendar within the next few weeks.
Also a reminder that submissions for the MRT Screenshot Contest 2017 close this Saturday June 3rd at 11:59 pm UTC! To submit, please read the full contest rules on the subreddit.