The August 2018 General Staff Meeting has concluded and here are the results. As always, you can watch the public portion of the GSM on my YouTube channel.
“Belligerent Dissent” is now a warnable offense
Please read the publicly available version of this proposal here.
When a member of the server disagrees with a staff member, or disagrees about the rules or how the server is run, they may do so as long as they do it in a respectful manner. However over the past several months, we have had to deal with several members who take their disagreements too far and have engaged in what we have termed as “Belligerent Dissent”. This type of dissent includes:
- Complaining publicly in a disrespectful manner about staff, the rules, or the how the server is run.
- Arguing in a disrespectful manner with staff, about the rules, or how the server is run.
- Complaining about warnings or bans issued to them, either in an aggressive or passive-aggressive manner.
- Not accepting staff decisions that have already been deliberated and decided upon for quite some time.
Players who engage in belligerent dissent may initially be given a verbal warning from staff, who will instruct them to give their feedback in a more civil manner and/or direct them to forward their complaints privately to an administrator.
Players who do not heed the verbal warning from staff or repeatedly engage in belligerent dissent may be given formal warnings or bans.
These rules will be enforced effective immediately, and are now stated on the official Rules page. If you have any questions about this policy, feel free to ask any staff member.
Procedure for adding new PVP arenas
Effective immediately, we will now be accepting proposals from members to build new PVP arenas. If you are interested in building an arena, please read the new PVP Arena Regulations and ask one of the staff volunteers listed in that document for assistance.
- A proposal from shadowboarder to rename the A89 and A9 roads has been denied, on the basis that it would be too much work to redo all signage and labelling for these highways, and that the ward region boundaries may be changed in the future with the Epsilon expansion of new world.
- A proposal from CodyHM to build a new A13 road to connect Seoland to Lalatown in the northern portions of the new world has been denied, on the basis that it is too close and parallel to the existing A1 road, and that the A13 proposal cuts straight through a mountain biome. We suggest that a B-road connecting Seoland to the A1 would be more appropriate.
- A proposal from SkyjumperTalon and Cortesi to build a new A54 road from Grisville to Cactus River has been partially approved, only the portion from Grisville to Murrville will be approved for now. Future phases may be proposed at later GSMs once this first portion is complete. Also, this road will need to connect to the existing interchange east of Grisville instead of connecting to the town directly.
- A proposal from CodyHM to update the A8 to the new Road Building Guidelines (specifically the removal of carpets) has been approved and completed.
Projects & Funding Proposals
- A proposal from shadowboarder to construct the short Eden Canal to connect Grayzen to Lake Achowalogen Tachaksin has been approved.
- A proposal from SkyjumperTalon to make a modification on how the MGA Season 2 Golf Tournament is funded has been approved.
- A proposal from hvt2011 to construct a BluRail tunnel under the inactive town at C93 has been approved.
- A request from sesese9 to gain ownership of the town at P22 formerly owned by malbert911 has been approved.
MRT Line Proposals
- The MRT Savannah Line proposed by _HeavenAngel_ has been approved. It will be located in the southwestern desert area of the map where it will connect with future extensions of the Western, Mesa, and Desert lines. Stations on this line will be prefixed with the letter “H”.
- The MRT Valley/Island Line Extensions proposed by godzilltrain have been approved. Both lines will converge in Fort Yaxier and share the same alignment southward into the tundra biome, where they will eventually split off and terminate at the Southern Line at two different locations. The routing for these lines can be viewed here.
Please note that building on the routes of these lines is now prohibited. Once the lines are finished, all stations will be auctioned off at a GSM
Premier City Reviews
- The feedback for Premier City Reviews during this meeting can be viewed here.
Away From The Server
As a final note, a few staff members and myself will be away from the server from Tuesday, August 21st to Thursday, August 30th to attend an MRT meetup in the United Kingdom. While I am away, the remaining admins and staff members will be available to answer any questions and deal with any situations should they arise.
That’s all for now.