Hey everyone! We have wrapped up the final GSM of the year and we have some results to announce! As always, you can watch the public portion here.
Security updates regarding VPNs
We will be making some adjustments to the configuration of our Virtual Private Network (VPN) detection software. For security reasons we won’t be disclosing the exact configuration changes, but we will announce that as a result of these changes, some additional players and ranks may be subjected to VPN identification checks.
This does mean that some players may be unintentionally flagged and receive a ban as a result. We hope that these instances are rare, but you should know that they may happen. Members who are caught up in a VPN-related ban by accident can email the admins, and we can investigate your situation.
Changes to city rank promotions
We will be adjusting promotions to Senator and Governor by assigning staff members to each candidate city. Each assigned staff member will need to either vote on the city or appoint a substitute to vote on their behalf. We hope that, by doing this, we will increase the diversity of votes present in Senator and Governor votes. Staff members who will be away for a period of time can request a temporary exemption from voting.
This will take effect at some point in the next week or so once we make changes behind the scenes.
Four future GSM dates decided
For the first four months of 2019, we will be holding GSMs on the second weekend of the month (alternating between Saturday and Sunday), starting at 7:00 pm UTC. This means that the next four GSM dates are as follows (we’ll remind you of each as they approach):
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm UTC
- Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm UTC
- Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm UTC
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 7:00 pm UTC
As always, topic submissions must be submitted 48 hours before the meeting begins.
Rules revamp postponed until January 2019
We’ll be holding a Special GSM in early 2019 to discuss the upcoming rules revamp. A few of us have been a little busy with real-life obligations to work on it. Sorry!
Smaller decisions and announcements
- megascatterbomb will be working with MojangChan and others in the Hempstead-Deadbush area to connect the Mesa Line up through Hempstead. Details will be forthcoming, though note that Hempstead’s station will likely be re-numbered.
- godzilltrain proposed using a numerical voting scale to vote for Premier cities, similar to how Senator and Governor cities are voted on. This was voted down as the existing system tends to work well enough for now.
- A proposal by woorich999 to extend the B10 to Bay Point has been approved.
- A proposal by FooteChicken to build an A-road between Farwater and JN0 has been denied. FooteChicken needs to get permission from SuperTig, whose town is along the route. Once that is done and the route is settled, FooteChicken can resubmit at the next available GSM.
- A proposal by Conric005 to build the B83 from the A8 to Rosemary and Birchwood has been conditionally approved. London150 is the Deputy Mayor of Rosemary, and in order to officially grant permission he’ll need to email staff and take over ownership of the town.
Projects and miscellaneous proposals
- A mini-golf course building competition, organized by godzilltrain, has been approved with adjusted prizes. Look for an announcement from godzilltrain to learn how to participate!
- The MRT Winter Olympics, organized by airplane320, have been approved in full.
- Four Seasons Railways has been transferred to woorich999.
- A mystery road? Race track? We’re not sure what it is, but it’s next to Johngi’s town, so Johngi gets it.
- The town of Iconia (or Itomori) at C62 has been transferred to time2makemymove.
- The stations ZS23 and ZS24 were requested by BernCow, but were not transferred. BernCow has previously acquired T37 in auction and has only leveled the station without making any development. He will need to do something useful with the station and request ZS23 and ZS24 at the next available GSM.
Newest Premier City – Deadbush
MojangChan’s city of Deadbush was promoted to Premier! MojangChan’s acceptance speech was as follows:
Heya this is MojangChan, I’ll just make this speech brief. So I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all those who have supported me along the way. Deadbush has come a long way, from a little hamlet in the middle of nowhere, to a vast arid metropolis, and I’m happy that it did become what it is today, so again, maraming maraming salamat po sa lahat ninyo, and God bless you all. Alright, I’m off, KACHOW!!!!!
We also reviewed Earack’s city of Lanark for Premier, but did not promote it.
We are making a couple of changes to the moderator team.
First, due to inactivity and being extremely busy with work, thomasfyfe will be stepping down from the moderator position. I would like to thank thomasfyfe for his many important contributions to the server over these years and wish him the best.
Second, _Mossie will joining us as our newest trial moderator! Congratulations to _Mossie!
See you around, folks!