We are pleased to announce that uCars has been updated to support Minecraft 1.13, and we have installed the update on the beta server! While we hope this will be a quick update to bring it back to main, we want to be confident that there aren’t any big performance hits, so we’ve installed it on the beta server. If you’re able to test it out there, please do, and let us know if you have any feedback or bug reports.
The list of drivable blocks is as follows:
- Yellow, white, black, light gray, and dark gray wool, terracotta, concrete, and concrete powder
- Smooth stone (43:8), quartz, cobblestone, nether bricks, andesite, and polished andesite, in both full and slab forms
- Coal blocks
- Quartz pillars
- Gravel (at half speed)
Fuel prices and speed modification blocks are the same as before: $0.25 per liter of fuel, and gold and diamond blocks under a road surface give your cart a speed boost.
Other smaller announcements
- There was an Administrative Staff Meeting (ASM) at which we made some decisions to prepare for upcoming staff transitions. We’ll reveal more details about these decisions when the time comes, but we will announce now that I (Chief) will be leading the September GSM instead of Frumple.
- Our next GSM is Sunday, August 11 at 7:00 pm UTC, with topics due by 7:00 pm UTC Friday, August 9. We are actively seeking moderator nominations at this meeting, so if you know of someone who you think would make a good fit, please send the staff an email. Note that you can’t nominate yourself. Candidates must be nominated by at least two players in order to be considered, but we’ll keep track of that for you.
- We are monitoring the stability and operating logistics of Minecraft 1.14 and hope to update the beta server for testing shortly. We will make an announcement in Discord once we have an update timeline in place.
- No moderators are currently at risk of demotion for inactivity, however there are a few staff members who have missed a higher than usual number of CRPB votes.
That’s all for now, thanks all!
The MRT Server turns 7 years old this Saturday, July 13th!
Our lineup of special events for this anniversary is a bit lighter than previous years, but feel free to join in the fun:
|Saturday, July 13||4:00 pm||Anniversary Stream Begins||Frumple|
|During stream||Opening of Southern, Desert, and Savannah Line Extensions||godzilltrain, sesese9, _HeavenAngel_|
|6:00 pm||Big Brother 4 Finale||MinecraftYoshi26|
|6:30 pm||MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4 Semi-Finals||MinecraftYoshi26|
|7:00 pm (or after all other events)||Jackbox Games (Party Pack 3, 4, 5, and Drawful 2)||Frumple|
|Sunday, July 14||7:00 pm||Family Feud||chiefbozx and sesese9|
|TBD||MLS Shovelers' Cup Begins||Skelezomperman and Valkorion314|
Additional events or details about events will be added here as they become available.
- Join us on the server or on Frumple’s stream at https://twitch.tv/frumple for a series of in-game events including the opening of the Southern, Desert, and Savannah Line Extensions, and the semi-finals for the 4th MRTvision Screenshot Contest.
- After the Anniversary Stream, keep watching the stream and play various party games with your fellow MRT members. We will be playing games from the newest Jackbox Party Pack 5, in addition to Party Packs 3 and 4, and Drawful 2.
- All you need to play is to be able to watch Frumple’s stream at https://twitch.tv/frumple, and a mobile device or computer in which to input your own answers or vote on other people’s answers. Joining Discord voicechat for this is entirely optional, but greatly enhances everyone’s experience.
- The form to submit answers is available in Discord #announcements. Please send answers and verification codes to chiefbozx by 4:00 am UTC on Sunday, July 14 (just after the Saturday/Sunday server restart).
- The game itself will start at 7:00 pm UTC on Sunday, July 14 at the Vermilion Gregg Fyfe Theatricality Building. Please be in game and connected to Mumble voice chat a few minutes before the event starts if you would like to participate (a microphone is required for this event). “Families” will be determined on Sunday at the event. Spectators are welcome.
- MBS will be recording the event for later broadcast.
MLS Shovelers’ Cup
- This spleef tournament bracket begins on July 14th. For more details, check out the wiki page.
Thanks, and I hope to see you there!