We are pleased to announce that uCars has been updated to support Minecraft 1.13, and we have installed the update on the beta server! While we hope this will be a quick update to bring it back to main, we want to be confident that there aren’t any big performance hits, so we’ve installed it on the beta server. If you’re able to test it out there, please do, and let us know if you have any feedback or bug reports.
The list of drivable blocks is as follows:
- Yellow, white, black, light gray, and dark gray wool, terracotta, concrete, and concrete powder
- Smooth stone (43:8), quartz, cobblestone, nether bricks, andesite, and polished andesite, in both full and slab forms
- Coal blocks
- Quartz pillars
- Gravel (at half speed)
Fuel prices and speed modification blocks are the same as before: $0.25 per liter of fuel, and gold and diamond blocks under a road surface give your cart a speed boost.
Other smaller announcements
- There was an Administrative Staff Meeting (ASM) at which we made some decisions to prepare for upcoming staff transitions. We’ll reveal more details about these decisions when the time comes, but we will announce now that I (Chief) will be leading the September GSM instead of Frumple.
- Our next GSM is Sunday, August 11 at 7:00 pm UTC, with topics due by 7:00 pm UTC Friday, August 9. We are actively seeking moderator nominations at this meeting, so if you know of someone who you think would make a good fit, please send the staff an email. Note that you can’t nominate yourself. Candidates must be nominated by at least two players in order to be considered, but we’ll keep track of that for you.
- We are monitoring the stability and operating logistics of Minecraft 1.14 and hope to update the beta server for testing shortly. We will make an announcement in Discord once we have an update timeline in place.
- No moderators are currently at risk of demotion for inactivity, however there are a few staff members who have missed a higher than usual number of CRPB votes.
That’s all for now, thanks all!