Update: April Fools! Thanks to everyone who joined us for the festivities, and we hope this helped you take your mind off the mess that’s happening in the real world. Click the “Read more” link for logistical information about Airport World itself.
CENTRAL CITY — Following the conclusion of an emergency Administrative Staff Meeting on Sunday, administrators today announced that Minecart Rapid Transit has been sold to the Airport Rapid Transit Company, and is now known as the Airport Rapid Transit server.
The rules have been updated as per the terms of the sale. Notably, trains, buses, and boats are now banned and must be replaced with planes immediately. Towns below the Senator rank should use airships, seaplanes, and helicopters to connect with each other and to bigger cities. Central City Heliport has been replaced with Central City Airport to help towns facilitate connections with each other.
“This is a truly monumental occasion for the airline industry,” moderator and airline tycoon Valkorion314 said after learning of the announcement. South Weast Airlines has already announced ticket sales for flights from the new airport to somewhere in Michigana’s plane laboratory. “We hope that this will allow passengers to understand why SkyTransit is actually the best airline alliance,” said Valkorion314.
Gates at Central City Airport are now for sale at a price of $99,999 per gate. Airlines are asked to purchase gates from _Kastle, who has promised to use the money for reasonable purposes and not just to prop up BART Airlines.
The terms of the sale are not available to the public.
Administrators announced the following logistical terms for the new Central City Airport:
- The airport will be available for planes until the end of the day on Tuesday, April 7, after which it will be removed.
- Players are permitted to visit the airport world, and may place sign warps FROM the new airport TO other airports on other worlds. The reverse is not permitted; routes going TO the new airport are not allowed.
- Planes at CCA are permitted to have any number of warp signs on them. Planes at other airports are still limited to 6 destinations.
- Planes may not break buildings or other planes.
- If you build a plane at a satellite gate, you’re responsible for getting passengers to and from your planes.
- One gate per person to start; we may relax this limit at a later time.
- Ranks and rebranding will revert at the end of the day on Thursday, April 2.
- April Fools!