Monthly archives: October 2021


Special Staff Meeting (October 2021)

As you all may have seen, we had a special staff meeting. This meeting had a closed agenda that had topics set beforehand. There is a lot to discuss but I tried to capture most of yesterday’s discussion as a Q & A. But first, I’ll list some of the main highlights:

  • Frumple will be returning as Owner in full capacity (effective now)
  • 2022 renewal is happening (this was already promised by Frumple)
  • However, that renewal is slated/most likely to be the last one with the renewal slated to expire end of 2022/early 2023.
    • All MRT services will be shut down (Mumble, website, wiki, Discord, etc)
    • There will be a final world download before shutdown
      • Remember: that the world download is for personal use. If you want to do more than that, you must ask Frumple for permission
    • Discord timeline is still up in terms of how/when that will be shutdown

You might have a lot of questions from seeing this so I’ll add the questions that were asked at the meeting.

  • Will world download include warp/maps?
    • Frumple will research into it..
    • Seems to be a file for warps
  • Will the wiki be allowed to download?
    • Frumple will look into it
  • Is it possible for a group of members to take over the server?
    • We looked into transferring to another admin before. The MRT is set up as a company entity and transferring it across country borders is a legal hassle that costs thousands. It is a large legal pain and headache that we don’t want to undertake.
  • What about Staff Meetings?
    • Staff meetings will continue as normal until further notice
    • Moderator nominations will close before the server does (still figuring out timeline on when to shut down Moderator Nominations)
  • What about Member Apps?
    • We will continue to accept member apps for now.
    • We will figure out closing of member apps in the future.
  • If we download our towns and use it, is that ok?
    • Yeah, you built your town so you technically “own” them.
    • But remember to think about franchises that people have built.. You don’t own those builds.
  • Are y’all still taking donations?
    • Donations are still open but not going to sway our opinion on shutting it down
  • Will Frumple publish the MRT server configs to Github?
    • Unknown, up to Frumple
    • Whatever is currently on Github is free to use
  • (to Frumple) Would you say Modgate kicked off this process?
    • Hard to really point to a single thing that pushed it over the edge.
  • Anyway to take snapshot of Dynmap will all of current functionality?
    • Lots of disk space would be needed
  • (to Frumple) Should this have been done years ago?
    • Not really, it’s a miracle that we lasted this long.
  • Will we update to 1.17?
    • Plugins are updated and look good
    • Beta testing of re-enabling command blocks need to happen too
  • What about Rank Promotions?
    • Rank Promotions will continue as normal for the time being
    • Probably will go until a month until closing and then be frozen
  • Will Frumple record videos of the server as it closes?
    • Frumple’s YT channel is basically dead
  • Will new admins be promoted?
    • Admins can still be promoted and are promoted adhoc/at need of the server.

Chief also has put together a separate FAQ to answer the questions above and a few others in more detail below.

The Agenda/Minutes from the Meeting can be found with the links below:

We will keep y’all posted with more information/details as it comes.

In the meantime, we have a chunk of time together. The ISM will be on October 31st at 7:00 PM UTC so we’ll see ya there!


October 2021 GSM Results

I’ve been really busy (that’s why I wasn’t at the GSM too!). MIssa_Solemnis covered me on the minutes during my absence. Work takes a lot of my time but nevertheless, propaganda must still be written.

Laying it for the Community

KittyCat11231 proposed to deregulate spaceports across the server. Staff ended up a compromise:

  • Deregulate all decorative spaceports for all ranks. S
  • Allowed to have one warp in spaceship Starbase 1 (Space world) from the town’s spaceport
  • Spaceports don’t count against air facility allocations for Senator/Governor

Yours truly proposed enabling /mvtp for all members. This was accepted! All members can now /mvtp <world_name>. This means that you can teleport to all the different worlds on the server without needing to go to the spawn portals.

Department of Transport

Minecraft252 proposed a canal near their town of Bristol. The route was altered (but approved) to go directly west instead of going around the town of Kaloro Harbour (owned by Needn_NL). Staff did stipulate that they would like to see a cross section of canal design before they give w/e’s for the canal.

Melecie proposed to upgrade the B255 to A255. This was approved.

Racing toward the Finish

HarborRandom852 proposed the Great Northwestern Race. This will be ran in similar fashion to Formula MRT (another event that Harbor has ran in the past). The funding was approved and scheduled for Late October/Early November.

From Skyscrapers to Rail Lines

Mojito1014 and Skelezomperman are extending the Mesa Line (MLX4)! The line will be extended from its current terminus in Tembok to Rizalburg.

A La Carte

Melecie proposed upgrading the EElevators in Space World. Staff approved this and asked Melecie to coordinate with Tom_Pairs on the upgrades.

MinecraftYoshi26 was given special perms to update the Editor’s Hub/Featured Articles page on the wiki. Yoshi cares deeply about the wiki and has kept it in great condition. We greatly appreciate the work he does on the wiki.

We will see y’all on October 24th for a Special Staff Meeting. The agenda is closed so you will not be able to submit topics. Private Portion starts at 17:00 UTC (5:00 PM UTC) with public scheduled to start at 19:00 UTC (7:00 PM UTC).

After that, we have a SpOoKy ISM on October 31st at the normal time of 7:00 PM UTC.

Cheers!

-Sese