Another GSM gone and done, so here is another GSM results post.
The meeting agenda and minutes can be accessed using the following links:
Porton and Itokani achieve the Premier rank
Two cities were up for consideration for Premier this GSM: Porton by SimonScholar, and Itokani by MinecraftYoshi26. Porton was previously considered at the January GSM but did not pass promotion.
Both cities have been promoted to Premier by a unanimous staff vote.
SimonScholar is the server’s second member to achieve “double premier” status, with his city of Segville being the first of his to reach Premier rank. At the GSM, Simon gave the following speech:
I’m really pleased to have received Premier for Porton – Despite this being a fairly new town (being founded on 9th August 2021, 6 months and 4 days ago) I’ve really enjoyed working on it and am proud it’s gotten to this stage.
I founded Porton on a whim, not knowing how well I could master an organic build style having only ever built traditional towns. Despite that though I was able to make quick progress, and adding armour stands throughout the town from the start really helped me to breathe life into the town and make it feel real. Overall I’ve really enjoyed working on the town since it was started, and am glad it’s been recognised as one of the server’s Premier cities.
Thanks for everyone that’s visited Porton throughout it’s development, and for giving me ideas and inspiration to carry it on.
PS. Good luck to anyone partaking in future Premier Challenges
For MinecraftYoshi26, Itokani is his first Premier city, and therefore he has been promoted to Premier rank. Yoshi did not have a speech prepared at the meeting, but submitted the following statement afterwards:
Truthfully, I wasn’t expecting to get Premier. Itokani has been a passion project of mine, and I built it in an effort to create a tropical city that would look more organized and planned than my first attempt, the Hummingbird Islands. I’ve extremely proud of what Itokani has become, especially with all of the hours I poured into it. Thanks to everyone who has constructed anything in the town or helped in any part of it!
Most importantly, don’t forget to sign up for (and later vote in) the MRTvision Screenshot Contest!
Congratulations to both!
Members gain self-smite, mods gain /smite
Two major changes around smite/shock permissions have been implemented on a trial basis.
- Members can now smite themselves using the command /kit smite. Each use of this command will cost $1.00 of in-game money, and there is a minimum 5-minute cooldown between uses. Members cannot use this kit to smite other players.
- Moderators have now been granted access to the /smite command. Like administrators, they can shock other players at their discretion. Typically, shocks should only be used when there is a good reason to do so, such as when a player says or does something mischievous.
These changes will be tried out for now and reviewed in a month. If it turns out these new powers are being overused or abused, then they will likely be revoked.
B808 from Nauvis to Cypress
The B808 (originally named B8) proposed by chimata, Avaneesh2008, and Starcubed has been effectively approved in full. At the meeting, the road was originally approved with the caveat that the road be renamed to B808, and that the road should go around the town of Epcott since the IAT for that town could not be approved. However, after the meeting OpalStatus, the mayor of Epcott, granted permission for the B808 to go through the town, which allows the full original plan for the road to go forward.
B682 from Hazenne to New Singapore
The B682 proposed by Melecie has been approved.
2022 Mons Pratus Spleef Tournament
Funding for this spleef tournament organized by Skelezomperman has been approved. The tournament will take place on Saturday, February 19th at 7 pm UTC.
SimonScholar is organizing mini-golf events that will occur after each ISM. Funding for the next 3 events for the February, March, and April ISM has been approved.
MRTvision Screenshot Contest 10
Funding for the 10th iteration of this contest organized by MinecraftYoshi26 has been approved. At the time of this writing, the deadline for joining the contest is February 27th, and the deadline for submitting screenshots is March 5th. The final ceremony will take place on a yet-to-be-determined date in March.
- An IAT submitted by Melecie for the town of Freedon has been approved.
- The Lakeshore East Extension proposed by SimonScholar has been partially approved up to LE13 Station. This partial approval gives room for future consideration on whether to continue the Lakeshore Line further north to link up with Zhong Guo, or turn east to follow the shore.
- A full dynmap render of the New World will be happening on the week starting from February 20th. Since the render will be done off the server on the home computers of Frumple and SimonScholar, it is highly recommended that members to NOT request any local renders until the full render has been completed and uploaded back to the server. Doing so will mean that the local render will just get overwritten by the full render, and another local render will have to be done again.
That is all for now. See you at the February ISM on Sunday, February 27th at 7pm UTC.