Here are the results of the April 2023 GSM.
Road Rules Updated
A proposal by SimonScholar to make some changes to the road rules and how they are registered has been approved.
Before this GSM, the rules allowed B-roads to be constructed without staff permission if they are connecting to a town or A road within 500 blocks.
Now with this change, these roads can still be constructed but they cannot be designated as B-roads. Overall, from this point forward all A and B roads will require staff approval via the #proposals channel in Discord. This will ensure that all road designations/numbers are vetted by staff and will also prevent duplicate or inappropriate designations.
You can read the full text of the new road rules on the Rules page, or below:
Intercity roads (roads that connect between two or more towns) fall under the following 3 classifications: “A” roads, “B” roads, and all other roads.
“A” roads are major trunk highways and arteries that connect the regions of the New World together.
- All “A” roads are publicly owned by the server.
“B” roads are minor roads and highways that branch off from “A” roads to nearby towns, or provide local connections between towns.
- All “B” roads are publicly owned by the server, except for segments within the border of a town where they are owned by that town’s mayor. Ownership of the appropriate road segment is transferred along with the town in the event of an IAT.
In addition, all “A” and “B” roads:
- Require staff approval through the #proposals channel on the MRT Discord server.
- Must have a unique identifying number (i.e. A69, B420)
All other intercity roads that are not an “A” or “B’” road are subject to the following restrictions:
- The road must not be longer than 500 blocks.
- The road must connect to another town or an existing “A” or “B” road.
- Other intercity roads may be granted an “A” or “B” road designation after construction by making a request in the #proposals channel on the MRT Discord server.
If you would like to build a road that is longer than 500 blocks, you will need to propose it as an “A” or “B” road for staff approval.
Finally, the following rule applies to all intercity roads:
- All roads must be reasonably realistic. In particular, pillars must be used on elevated sections and vehicles must be able to pass through tunnels.
A and B Roads Assessment and Renumbering
Chief’s written a full post about how staff will proceed with the renumbering of various roads, and how you can participate. Please give it a read if you not done so already.
The only other thing to mention is that Vicki will be writing up a set of road numbering guidelines soon. These will be posted on to the Policies and Procedures page when they are ready.
That is all for this GSM. See you at the next GSM on Saturday, May 13 at 7pm UTC.