sesese9


March 2021 ISM Results

Oh would ya look at that. March is almost over! Here are the results from the March 2021 ISM.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!

frogggggg and fork_07 proposed a network of roads (B221/B222/B223) in the Northern Peninsula near Titsensaki. They were given approval pending zb7 gives the thumbs up for their town.

Noahrebl_ requested to build a network of canals in the Northwestern area of the server. This plan was rejected for being too ambitious and not feasible given their record of leaving projects partly started. Staff suggested for Noah to ask Conric005 if they could take over the original canal that Conric had permission to finish (where S3 is on the map below). If Noah wants to do the other canals, it was suggested that they propose them one at a time.

PaintedBlue was given the approval to build the B4 from Cape Cambridge to Oceanside. The orange and yellow portions of the road were proposed and later, approved. Other sections of the road (in red) will be proposed later in the future.

Jonathan0930 proposed the B354, which would go from Beningbury through Yalebrook, Harmony Grove, and end in Hannibal (dashed green line on map below). This was denied over lack of detail on the map and concerns of the road quality with it being a proposed 4 lane road through the mountains. Staff asked for a more detailed map of the route and a sample of the road when Jonathan re-proposes the road again in the future.

Foote_Chicken proposed a small extension of the B246 from Bawktown to Kaleville. This was approved.

Is this thing on?

Staff approved two event funding grants!

NameOrganizerDate
The IllluminatiNoahrebl_Sometime in April
XX TacoBurritoAThonSkelezompermanMay 22nd

Can I haz plz?

We had a few Inactive Asset Transfers this ISM.

Missa_Solemnis requested the town of Tirivio (formerly owned by theDragon_37/loldop). Given the town’s close proximity to SW19, owned by ModernArt, staff asked Missa to ask Modern first if they are okay with Missa doing the IAT. Staff denied the IAT to allow Missa to resubmit once they have talked to Modern.

Foote_Chicken was given the town of Raymont (XE40)(formerly owned by TechAutoBlog).

CodyHM was given MRT Airlines (an airline formerly owned by LightningMC).

And that does it for this update! Remember to submit your topics/moderator nominations for the April 11th GSM. Until the next one, see ya!

-Sese


March 2021 GSM Results

Riding off into the Sunset

We start with an event that happened after the GSM. megascatterbomb has resigned from his position of Administrator as of March 13th. He sent the following letter to the Discord server announcing his resignation.

I encourage you to read the letter fully and make your own informed judgement. As a close friend, I wish him the best in his future endeavors and hope he succeeds. He will be missed on the server.

And now, onto our regularly scheduled GSM updates…

New Mods?

NameForNeutralAgainstDid Not VoteResult
Wipeout1117503Not Promoted
CodyHM1464Not Promoted
PaintedBlue0573Not Promoted
Weier4443Not Promoted

Like the table? Let me know if you want me to keep doing that in future posts/propagandas. But as you can see, none of the candidates were promoted. To clarify for everyone, our threshold to promote a candidate is 2/3 of staff present at the meeting (Did Not Votes do not count in the tally). For this GSM, that threshold was 8 (12 staff present) for which Wipeout was 1 short. All of these candidates can be re-nominated at the next GSM as they aren’t subject to cooldown yet.

Mod Nom Updates

Later in the GSM, we talked about updates to the Moderator Nomination process. We started talking about the quality of nominations that we have received since November 2020. kyyl proposed a nomination cooldown aimed to stop someone from repeatedly nominating a candidate. Staff went in a different direction and instead updated our standards of which we deem an acceptable nomination:

  • Nominations should have at least 1 form of evidence (in total for the nomination)
  • Nominations should mention each of the criteria and discuss how the candidate fulfills them

Should either of these not be fulfilled, staff have the right to deny the nomination. Given that we haven’t denied a nomination before, we then discussed the process for handling denied nominations. From community feedback during the GSM, we will add all denied nominations at the end of the Moderator Nominations Doc that we post all moderator nominations in for each respective GSM. This keeps the accountability of the process while also demonstrating the standard that staff are expecting for nominations.

Frumple proposed new guidelines on how a candidate can ask about a possible veto. Many in the community wanted to ask Frumple about whether he would veto their candidacy but Frumple was not able to give them an answer unless they had 2 moderator nominations. Thanks to some feedback from the community (mainly KittyCat11231), it was decided that the prospective candidate can ask Frumple, at any time, whether he would veto them. Once asked, Frumple will give them an answer and post the exact answer publicly (similar to his veto had worked before). Frumple created a graphic below to show the various statuses that a candidate can go through during the process.

Hanging Overseas

Staff had two event proposals, both from LondonThameslink, requesting for funding. They were both approved in full and are listed below. Staff wish London the best of luck with the prep and can’t wait to see the action/fun from it!

Name Date
London’s Pub Quiz: Go Forth Late March/Early April
MGA Easter Tournament March 28th at 7PM UTC

Fly-a-way Bus

CodyHM submitted an inactive transfer request of Hermes Bus, an inactive bus company from 3 years ago owned by Moriaofmines. This IAT was challenged by sesese9 to also takeover the company. Staff were torn over giving the company to either person and gave the ownership to sesese9 and requested that Sese talk to CodyHM about a possible ownership agreement between the two.

Setting Dawn

PtldKnight submitted an IAT for the town of Dawn (Circle Line Station C105), formerly owned by Beeskee. This was denied as Armada (Ptld’s town) is too far from Dawn to give a sufficient claim and there wasn’t a good enough reasoning given by Ptld to take over the town by itself.

Oh and one last thing, MRT Main and MRT Beta Minecraft servers will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on April 1st. None of the other MRT services will be affected, however. More information will be given as the date approaches.

And that’s it! It was a short meeting in terms of topics but lots of stuff did come out of it. Until the next one, see ya!

-Sese


February 2021 ISM Results

Happy Zeta Anniversary!! It’s been a year since we migrated to the Zeta Server and here’ s for more to come. We had the ISM today and it was fairly short. Let’s get right into it!

Aurora Borealis

TeamAurora proposed AIX again, citing expansion of their community town of Augusta and completion of the A84 (which is pretty nice, by the way). Given that those were the conditions set from staff from the February GSM, staff approved TeamAurora to submit AIX. AIX will undergo the standard size check all governor airports go under using the allocations from Carnoustie, Lakeborough, Augusta, Kaloro City, and Skogheim. Once approved from there, TeamAurora can start construction on the main MRT server. They have been working on it offline on another server so feel free to join their discord and ask them to get a glimpse of what’s coming.

The 280 to the 580 to the 101

Bay area road joke, I’m not sorry.

We had one road proposal from FLIPEK03 to build the B394 from the A4.

This proposal was denied due to staff concerns over uneven inclines between lanes and other inaccessibility concerns based off current roads in his town. FLIPEK03 is encouraged to look at other B roads on the server to get a feel of the standard that we are looking for concerning road construction. Staff also requested to see a sample of what the road will look like when constructed upon re-submission.

Cryptic Games

imperial_block requested event funding for his puzzle/escape room gameshow, The Game of Kryptos. This was approved and will occur on March 6th at 6PM UTC.

MinecraftYoshi26 requested event funding to produce another MRTvision Screenshot Contest. This will be the eighth occurrence and the finals will be held in Covina. Given the success of the last, this was also approved. Deadline to join is March 7th with the submission deadline being March 13th. Semi-final voting will begin following the closing of submissions and will be open for a week. Finals voting will open the week after and conclude with the final ceremony in Covina on April 3rd.

What if I say “Please?”

Staff had one Inactive Asset Transfer request from EliteNeon. Elite requested the town to the east of New Mackinaw (Name of town could not be found but was owned by threadychunk296). Staff denied this request over the lack of detail on Elite’s plans for the town should he be approved. Elite planned to start a new “GSM Town” but did not go into further detail aside from that. Staff raised a few concerns over whether there is community interest and asked Elite to check if the community are interested in that style of community town.

And that’s it! GSM submissions are still open for the March GSM on March 13th at 7PM UTC. Reminder that mod nominations are open too!

Until the next one, cya!

– Sese


February 2021 GSM Results

Happy Valentine’s Day/Single’s Awareness Day! (be still, my beating heart). MRT staff and members spent the day going over a lot of things today so let’s get right to it!

Mod Nom Nom Nom

We had one candidate get 2 nominations, _cosmon. Discord channels were created and discussion occurred. For the voting, he didn’t receive enough votes to be promoted. Final tally was 0 For, 5 Neutral, and 7 Against for his promotion.

In addition to _cosmon’s nomination, we discussed changes to the Open Moderator Process. Over the course of the system since November, we’ve had problems such as:

  • Players providing their direct opinion about the candidate only (positive, neutral, or negative) without providing sufficient evidence or details.
  • Players intending on providing their opinion first, and then adding evidence later. (Include your evidence in your initial statement to prevent inevitable questions from others about where the evidence is)
  • Players providing “evidence” that is not relevant to moderator nomination criteria (ie: “nit-picking”)
  • Players providing “evidence” that is actually not based on factual information (ie: speculation, “what-ifs”, “could-haves”).
  • Players reacting impolitely and uncivilly to other players who do any of the above mentioned.

The intent of the system was to allow the public to discuss in civil fashion the candidates and give evidence to support their claims. Given the issues, many members and staff agreed that it would be a good idea to move nomination to e-mail only for feedback starting with the March GSM. Here’s how that flow will now work:

  • Up to the candidate accepting the nomination stays the same.
  • All comments will be added to the Moderator Nominations Document for people to see (similar to the GSM/ISM Agendas w/ comments)
  • Staff will be doing minimal vetting of comments. Mainly to make sure low-effort comments like what we saw in Discord don’t get posted on the agenda. Please don’t make it to where we have to fully vet comments.

Discussion of candidate(s) can happen in normal chat such as Discord/Minecraft however staff can/will issue warnings should discussion go out of hand.

Oh, and speaking of warnings…

Let Me Level with You

megascatterbomb put together a very thorough proposal (which was approved) to replace our current warning system with a new “warning level system” consisting of 7 levels. With the old system, staff faced multiple discussions of what punishment was appropriate and therefore impacting response time to the actual issue. Another problem was what punishments staff could use for any rule violation. At the current time, we had single, double, and verbal warnings. Verbal warnings were used for minor offenses but staff didn’t keep very good track of it (aside from messages in #staff in discord). Single and double warnings were our only other ways of dealing with issues. When we polled at the last GSM, 50% of members present thought double warnings were the “ceiling” of what we could give at any one time. While this isn’t the case, the rules page didn’t help either. When dealing with multiple incidents, we couldn’t stack punishments. Mega tried to keep all of this in mind with the redesign.

# of warningsPunishment# of weeks
1Ineligible for Moderator candidacy for 3 months.2
2Cannot rank up until all warnings expire.4
33 day temporary ban6
4Demoted to Member until all warnings expire and a reflection letter is accepted by admins.8
52 week temporary ban10
6Temporary ban until eligible to submit Offline reflection12
7Indefinite ban.26+
Warning Level Table

Some clarifications about the levels:

  • Each level would last for 2 weeks or 14 days.
  • Any level can be issued at once so our options have increased by 2x.
  • Warning times stack but temporary bans do not.
    • For example, if you are given a Level 5 warning, you would have a 2 week temporary ban but a warning level time of 10 weeks (2 * 5 = 10).

For level 6, offline reflection is a temporary ban that lasts until warning time expires (when member is able/eligible to submit a reflection letter). However, they are held at the level until the reflection letter is accepted by the admins. Essentially, they are “offline” from the server until they submit are within the time frame to submit a reflection letter.

With Level 3 being a 3 day temporary ban, staff increased the temp ban limit from 1 day to 3 days for mods to allow them to give out the ban, in the case that an admin may not be available.

Now, with all these levels, Mega gave staff some tips on when a certain level should be issued. These are “suggested” punishments. Bear in mind that staff are trying to learn the new system too.

No. of warningsInfringement
1 * Failure to file appropriate paperwork (e.g. missing 4k waiver).
* Failure to stop spamming, caps, other annoyances when instructed.
* Other technicalities like the 7500 block rule. 
2 * Anything that would comfortably constitute a single warning in the old system, such as:Jokes/remarks in poor taste.
* Obvious 300/500 block rule violations.
* Landscarring at non-trivial scales.
3 * Minor griefing e.g. building a small structure inside someone else’s town without permission. (as opposed to burning everything down)
* Plagiarism.
* Uncivil arguments.
4This is where the reflection letter is required, so whatever constitutes a double warning in the old system should incur 4 warnings here. Such infringements include:
* More blatant or widespread griefing.
* Disrespect or harassment.
* Unnecessary escalation of an argument.
5 / 6Generally reserved for extreme cases, or where a number of infringements are addressed at once.
7As above, or when Frumple uses his ban hammer in cases of sustained belligerent dissent.
Suggested level punishment for rule violations

We had a few other rule/policy changes from staff aside from the new warning level system…

Staff accepted a proposal from Chief that formalizes how staff deal with member requested bans (voluntary bans). Here’s the excerpt from the proposal:

Any member can request that their own account be temporarily or indefinitely banned by emailing the admins at any time and for any reason. These “voluntary bans” are treated just like the temporary or indefinite bans issued as a result of accumulating warnings, except:

  • Temporary voluntary bans can be issued for any duration up to six months and do not come with automatic loss of Discord access.
  • Any voluntary ban can be removed at any time by emailing the admins
  • When a voluntary ban expires or is removed, the member will maintain the rank they held at the time of their request.
  • Voluntary bans do not directly count against a member’s candidacy for moderator, however bans will be recorded for public viewing.

Members are asked to not excessively request voluntary ban placements or removals.

Given the approval of the new warning levels, voluntary bans are kept separate from warning levels. Staff will add a new tab on the Member List that displays all voluntary bans.

Staff accepted a proposal from Cynra requiring admin approval to regen entire towns. This proposal formalizes a process that members, who want to regen a town or area of significant development, have to submit an email to admins, detailing why and where they want the regen.

kyyl_ submitted a proposal to add on how we judge towns for ranks, mainly clarifying the how we count franchises in build counts. After lengthy discussion, staff settled on the following:

Franchises built by other people don’t count towards scale in town promotions.

Credit to KittyCat11231 for final wording

Franchises still count for town ranks in other areas such as ambience and other areas but we consider the town mayor’s builds when looking at the scale aspect of town promotions.

Asphalt Heaven

We had a handful of transport projects proposed this GSM. Glad to see members building up infrastructure around the server.

I got proposed a road (B805) between Jeb and Moleville and it was approved.

HarborRandom852 proposed a road between the A92 and their town of Miu Wan, designated B988, which was approved.

kyyl_ proposed a network of A/B roads through Oparia and other reaches of the MetroNorth. This was approved so kyyl_ will have a fun time of roads, roads, and more roads. These roads are the following:

  • A1 through Oparia will be re-designated as B185.
  • A “new” A1 will be constructed to bypass Oparia and then extend the A1 across the bay.
  • B180 will extend from the A1 bypass, through riskinus’s unnamed town and end at notshort925‘s town of Cardinal Bay.
  • B190 will go from A1 into New Mackinaw (owned by EliteNeon).

_fwis proposed the B921 and a canal to Lake 4. The road was accepted with slight modifications to the route. The updated routing has the road going around the bay (instead of across) and using the road near the unknown town.

The canal below was accepted but changed to follow the river. _fwis will be expanding the river to allow for vessels to traverse the river.

Sasha9076 proposed a small reroute of A980 to include Ada_Virus’s town along the Western Line. This was accepted.

AIX (Aurora International Airport) was proposed again by TeamAurora. From the last GSM, staff mentioned that they needed to finish:

  • B889 (completed)
  • A84 (still in progress)
  • Build a town in between Carnoustie, Skogheim, Kaloro City (Wallace and Augusta were founded but currently both unranked)

Given the status of the following above, staff denied AIX citing that the A84 needs to be completed (mainly within Aurora) and that Augusta should increase in size (roughly, councilor standard).

New Plugins!

We considered a few plugins at the GSM. Most are paid plugins but given the community support of getting them, donations will be used to pay for it. Head Database had overwhelming support from members and will be tested on Beta.

A discussion was held on whether we should consider plugins that require resource packs or other client-side modifications. Many of staff and community wanted a near-vanilla experience. This narrowed down the few vehicle plugin possibilities to Vehicles.

After installed and trialed for a bit on Beta, a survey question will be posted by Frumple accessing how the community feel on possibly moving those plugins to Main.

Events? No, The Events!

We had an event funding proposal from Wipeout111 to fund an asynchronous game show, The Events. Wipeout has said the main season will start after Dalt’s The Great MRT Build Off. For a glimpse of the format, Wipeout said this:

The Events will be split up into 1-week blocks of time known as “sections”. Each section will start with an assignment, move to a secondary assignment, and end with an elimination.

  • An assignment may be a challenge, puzzle, or set of instructions for participants to follow that can last anywhere from 1 day to the majority of the section. Each assignment will contain prizes and advantages for one or more participants outplaying their acquaintances.
  • Similar to assignments, secondary assignments may consist of a wide range of contents but will have more focus on social connections and games between contestants. While not guaranteed, prizes and advantages may be earned during secondary assignments as well.
  • Each section will end with an Elimination. This may be done through a challenge pulling strings from the section or a challenge and voting combination. In case of the latter, ties will be decided by another round of voting or from an advantage earned earlier in the section. Every elimination will eliminate at least 1 contestant from the season with the results being announced on the night of the last day of the section in ET.
  • Prizes & advantages may be earned in both assignments and secondary assignments and may be spent on secondary assignments and eliminations. Each advantage & prize will be announced before each assignment and/or secondary assignment when necessary detailing how it can be earned, and how it can be spent. They may serve a wide range of uses, such as progressing the plot, helping a player or group of players, or hurting a player or group of players.
  • To end off the season, a live race filled with puzzles and challenges will occur between the finalists, which may be 2 or 3 participants depending on cast size. The winner of this race will win the entire season. The Events will last 4 sections with 1 live finale.

Funding was fully approved so if you are interested, talk to Wipeout!

In addtion, Sasha9076 requested a warp hub exemption to help him set up Great MRT Riddle. Staff have increased his /homes temporarily to allow with his planning/setup.

Next staff meeting will be the February ISM on February 28th at 7PM UTC.

My cat has demanded more snuggles and to spend more time with him so I will go do that now.

– Sese


January 2021 ISM/ASM Results

Oh hey! ISM was today and bonus, an ASM too!

ASM Updates

After the ISM, we had a quick ASM. First one I get to write about so here we go!

godzilltrain has stepped down from his administrator role on January 28. A link to his resignation can be found here:

The title of Staff Meeting Coordinator (Chief’s title apart from Head Admin) is being removed since Chief/Frumple have already split the duties between themselves.

megascatterbomb has re-assumed the title of City Ranks Coordinator (Godz’s former title) as he has prior knowledge of running the system.

sesese9 (oh hey, that’s me) will assume the role of Press Secretary. I’m officially in charge of writing up da propaganda for GSMs/ISMs. In addition, I’ll be doing the Q&A next GSM (hehe).

And now, onto the ISM news!

On the Road Again

Quite a few roads were proposed this ISM and they were all approved. Here’s the rundown:

B9 (Starcubed)

A892 (CodyHM and fwisamongus)

A980 (Sasha9076)

I Sea You There

We also had a few water based transport projects proposed this time.

sixhundredcats has been approved for a seaplane base in Chansee on either Lake A or B in her proposal. If she uses Lake A, staff would like to see it expanded to make it more realistic.

time2makemymove‘s Lake 18-Elecna Bay Canal has been approved.

It’s Free Real Estate

I mean, not really but here’s the Inactive Asset Requests that we received/reviewed.

Racer395 has been approved to take over the B38 (both in finishing the road and extending to his town of Harmony Grove). However, we denied his request to IAT the town of Draton. Racer can request an IAT again in the future, pending Harmony Grove grows more.

time2makemymove has been granted full control of SkyTrans. Originally sent in as a caretaker request, staff deemed it would be easier to have 1 point of contact to deal with SkyTrans.

Go West!

VickiTori has opened the Western North Extension. 2 stations have been granted to:

  • WN38 -> cosmon
  • WN49 -> CyAmethyst

The rest of the stations have either been allocated to pre-existing towns or are open for claiming.

A La Carte

autobus22‘s proposal to move WN11 a little to the west was approved. This was approved and Chief will work with auto on making it happen.

Skelezomperman requested funding for a Spleef Tournament in Mons Pratus. This was approved. Skele has already opened signups through Discord in #event-announcements and will occur on February 21, 2021 at 7PM UTC

And that’s all, until the next one, see ya!

-Sese