Hello all! The June GSM is now over, and we managed to get it done in three and a half hours, even though we had a record-breaking number of topics in Section One. Thanks to everyone who submitted items for discussion, so let’s talk about what happened!
As always, the public portion of the meeting can be viewed here.
We are pleased to announce two promotions in the staff ranks:
- sesese9 has been promoted to the Trial Moderator position.
- megascatterbomb has passed his Trial Moderator probationary period and has gained full Moderator privileges.
Congratulations to both of these players, and welcome aboard!
CoreProtect log post-mortem
As Frumple noted in a previous post, we have dumped all CoreProtect logs up until June 15, 2018. This means that any block changes made before that date are no longer available, and we will be unable to roll areas back to before this date. We will need to run purges about once a year to remove old records, which may take some time to complete. Our first such purge will likely happen in either spring or fall 2019.
We’re changing a few policies and rules, all of which are effective immediately.
- At the last GSM, we announced an amendment to the warning policy where players with two active warnings or a double warning will be required to send a reflection statement in order to be re-promoted, and brought it into effect about two days later for all current and future players in this situation. This has been in effect since mid-May, and will remain in effect going forward. Our apologies for not making this clear.
- We are shortening the promotion delay for all ranks below Senator. Players are now eligible for promotion 1 week (7 days) after receiving their last promotion, provided they have no active warnings. This means:
- The promotion delay between Member and Citizen remains at 1 week.
- The promotion delay between Citizen and Trustee has decreased from 2 weeks to 1 week.
- The promotion delay between Trustee and Councillor has decreased from 2 weeks to 1 week.
- The promotion delay between Councillor and Mayor has decreased from 2 weeks to 1 week.
- Promotions from Mayor to Senator, Senator to Governor, and Governor to Premier will continue to be handled through the City Rank Promotion Batch process.
- These time limits only apply for your player rank, not town ranks. Therefore, any towns that you own which are below your current player rank are not subjected to promotion delays. For example, if you are the mayor of a Senator city and a Councillor town, the Councillor town can be promoted to Mayor as soon as it meets the other requirements; you do not have to wait a week to get promoted in this case.
- The General Rule “Do not advertise other servers” has changed to “Do not advertise servers unaffiliated with the MRT”. This means you are permitted to provide links to Discord servers and other resources for the towns, transit organizations, sporting events, and other events on the MRT, but you may not advertise other Minecraft servers, or auxiliary services connected to those.
- The MRT Road Guidelines have been updated to remove the use of carpets. We strongly encourage players building roads to follow these guidelines as closely as they can, though they are not official policy.
We have also adjusted some perks and permissions:
- An additional Premier perk has been added. Premier cities can have custom icons appear on dynmap, instead of the default purple flower that is currently in use. If you’re the mayor of a Premier ranked city and would like to have a different icon mark your city, please email the admins a 32×32 PNG image and we can upload it. (If you’d rather have a non-square icon, please use transparent pixels for the rest of the image; dynmap requires this exact size.)
- Players between Trustee and Premier, inclusive, can no longer use /npc vulnerable to kill NPCs created with Citizens, due to abuse and a few players spamming the chat with vulgar names and death messages. Please use the /npc remove command or ask staff for assistance with removing an NPC. Staff can make NPCs vulnerable if needed.
Trustees and above can now use /npc path to allow NPCs to move around. Though the plugin has a very high limit on the number of nodes in a path, please try to keep NPC paths short and reasonable.Update: This will not be enabled for now, as a bug exists in Citizens that prevents NPCs from properly sitting down when instructed. When this issue is fixed, we will re-enable /npc path.
- We will be adding specializations for administrators and full moderators. These are additional titles that will be awarded to reflect the special duties that staff take on, either in addition to or in replacement of “normal” jobs (rules enforcement, WorldEdits, day-to-day community building, and so on), and will be listed on the main website and other locations as needed. We’ll discuss and award our first batch of specializations at the next GSM in July.
Finally, we clarified the 7,500-block Senator airfield rule: this size limit does include fences and other man-made boundaries, and will be enforced strictly. Therefore, airfields that are 7,501 blocks in size are not allowed. Natural boundaries such as cliffs and shorelines will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Airfields that are too large need to become compliant as soon as possible.
We did not receive any road proposals at this GSM, but we did review a proposal to enable driving on red terracotta blocks. These are used frequently for bus and bike lanes, however the uCars plugin uses these blocks for traffic control setups. We’ll be testing out driving on the beta server, and if it all works out, we’ll enable it on the main server in the next few weeks.
We are currently testing out an update to Dynmap, as well as a new plugin, FastAsyncWorldedit (FAWE), on the beta server. Since FAWE is very experimental and has crashed the beta server a few times, we’re keeping the beta server whitelisted to staff only for the time being. We will likely keep the beta server whitelisted until mid-July.
We are starting to plan events for the sixth anniversary of the MRT, on July 13, 2018. Staff will be hosting a variety of events in the days leading up to July 13 or the following weekend, and we’ll post announcements here and on Discord when the calendar is finalized.
Arctic Line Announcements and Station Names
Frumple’s Arctic Line announcements pilot project has gone well, so in the coming months we hope to expand it to the entire Arctic Line. When the project is completed we’ll post the resource pack template, and you’ll be able to record your own versions of the announcements. Eventually this may be rolled out system-wide.
In order to get the announcements recorded, we will be assigning names to the unnamed Arctic Line stations. Effective immediately, the remaining stations are named as follows:
- A4: Sanford
- A5: Cornus Southeast
- A7: Watchfield East
- A17: Freshney West
- A18: Chestwick
- A19: Voltsphere (change to Taiga Line, T24)
- A27: Lancaste
- A28: Cicero
- A29: Lucerne Gate
- A30: Lucerne
Please contact Frumple if you have any questions.
- XE7-XE8 Merchant City has been transferred to Tom_Pairs.
- C93 has been transferred to Vulpicula.
- The Morihama Ferry Terminal has been transferred to Cookie46910.
- C14 North Haven, while requested by AlfiePops, was retracted before the start of the GSM and was not transferred.
Premier City Reviews
We reviewed proposals for Premier for the cities of Dabecco, Laclede, and Utopia, and while there were varying levels of support, none of these cities reached the 85% threshold that is required for promotion. Full feedback is available here.
Event and Funding Requests
- SkyjumperTalon has requested funding for another mini golf tournament on June 30, which has been approved.
- Additionally, SkyjumperTalon requested funding for end-of-season prizes for players who have participated in MRT Golf Association events. Due to the complexities involved in managing this funding, and the relatively small amounts, this has been denied.
- The Event of Events, proposed by SkyjumperTalon, was denied as we don’t think it will get as many participants as was originally proposed, and has too many events on one day.
- SkyjumperTalon’s final event proposal this GSM is for a Hunger Games style event, however this was denied as not enough information was provided by the GSM (in particular, the date and time).
- MinecraftYoshi26 has proposed a new structure for running the screenshot contests, which has been approved. The first iteration of this new structure will be accepting submissions through 11:59 pm UTC on June 30.
SLE and JLS station allocations
We opened the Southern Line East (stations S0 to S26) and Jungle Line South (stations JS1 to JS14) at this GSM, and have awarded the following stations:
- SE2: Amber_Pine
- SE4, SE5: MC_Protocol
- SE8: TalonPlays
- SE9, SE10: Camelfantasy
- SE12, SE13: SigmaTheEnigma
- SE17: CortesiRaccoon
- SE20: MIKE24DUDE
- JS4: TalonPlays
- JS6: Funky_Flounder
- JS7: DaMarMan111
- JS9: Needn_NL
Any stations not listed here are released for general claiming, though by the time you see this post they may no longer be available. Please remember the 300-block and 500-block rules when building at open stations, and note that claims that don’t have significant development within two weeks can be released upon request.
- The Evella Expo is currently ongoing setup, and the expo itself will start soon. Exhibitors can register until June 20 and must be set up by June 23, and the expo itself runs from June 25 through July 2.
- XII TacoBurritoAThon will occur in Elecna Bay at 5:00 pm UTC, June 30.
- The next mini-golf tournament starts at 7:00 pm UTC on June 30.
- The first session of The Amazing Race 9 will begin at 7:00 pm UTC on July 1.
Frumple is planning on doing livestreams on Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, June 1 to showcase the Evella Expo and Amazing Race 9. You can watch these at twitch.tv/frumple.
Chief, on behalf of the rest of the staff
Hey everyone! Here’s what happened at today’s GSM. As usual, the video recording of the public portion is available here.
Immediately before the GSM was an Administrative Staff Meeting (ASM), at which we confirmed the promotion of CynraSilver (formerly known as mfish125 or mikefishr). He’ll be getting set up in the next few days, so please give him a warm welcome to the administrator role!
A reminder of The Most Important Rule #3
We have noticed a few cases of players getting into arguments with staff in public chat. We would therefore like to remind everyone of The Most Important Rule #3:
Staff reserve the right to take appropriate action for behaviour or actions deemed unacceptable for the server and community.
If you disagree with a decision made by a staff member, or are having difficulty working with them, please contact the admins. Part of the admins’ role is to help resolve disputes that involve staff members. Moderators have also been instructed to escalate conflicts to admins if necessary.
We are making two changes to server policy, effective immediately.
First, we are amending the warning policy. Specifically, players who receive two concurrent single warnings or one double warning must submit a written reflection statement to the admins in order to get their original rank restored, in addition to waiting for the warnings to expire (30 or 60 days). The statement should include details of what you did to get the warning(s), an acknowledgement that this was the wrong thing to do, and a confirmation that you won’t repeat your actions. Statements must be emailed to the admins and are a requirement to getting your rank back following a demotion to [Member].
Second, we are amending the proximity rule as follows:
- The current “300-block” rule will stand: If you want to build within 300 blocks of another town, you must get permission from the town’s mayor. Mayors can deny permission at their discretion to towns within 300 blocks.
- We are adding a “500-block rule”: If you want to build within 500 blocks of another town, but more than 300 blocks away, you must be in contact with your neighbors, and they must accommodate you in a fair and reasonable manner. This means that you should collaborate with towns nearby to draw borders and determine which space is whose. Prospective mayors who don’t get in touch with their neighbors may be issued warnings or have their towns removed.
- You do not need to submit your border agreements to staff, though we do suggest forming them in writing so that everyone is aware of the agreements and can hold each other accountable.
- Staff are happy to help determine what “fair and reasonable” accommodations look like. If you have questions, ask!
So, to recap:
- If you’re building within 300 blocks of another town, you must have that mayor’s permission.
- If you’re building between 301 and 500 blocks away from another town, you must be in touch with the other mayor and let them know of your presence, and they must accommodate you in a fair and reasonable manner.
- If you’re building 501 or more blocks away, no permission or contact is needed, though you should still get in touch if you plan on expanding towards a nearby town.
If in doubt, please ask for permission from the mayor before building. Most are willing to work with you. If you run into trouble, please ask staff for assistance.
Plugin Changes and the Citizens Update
We will be bringing the Citizens Update – featuring Citizens, DiscordSRV, and VPNGuard – to the main server this week. Our current plan is to perform this update on Wednesday, May 9, between 5pm and 7pm UTC. During this time, both the main server and the beta server will be whitelisted to staff only.
Some proposed new plugin changes have been denied:
- A proposal to grant non-staff access to two WorldEdit tools has been denied as it could grant players access to restricted blocks or areas of the server, including placing blocks beyond the world border.
- A proposal to add the JourneyMap Server plugin has been denied as it would only benefit a few players (though if more folks do use JourneyMap, we may consider adding this plugin later on).
Premier City Reviews: Quiris
Quiris, the city by _HeavenAngel_ in the northern portion of the world, has been promoted to Premier! This is the tenth Premier city, recognising how far Quiris has come in its development. Congratulations!
_HeavenAngel_ submitted the following speech after the GSM:
My time on the server has been a genuine journey. I have had my fair share of ups and downs, just like everyone else but through it all, I can say that it has been an exhilarating journey. I would like to thank the most wonderful community, for their continuous support and in particular Kel, the staff and the many others who have contributed to the establishment of Quiris. Personally, Quiris is more than a rank to me, it is the embodiment of my inspirations, therefore, there is no doubt that I shall continue to work on the city. I have hope that Quiris will perpetuate my inspirations and that there will be many other premiers cities to come fourth. I would like to end off by wishing each and every member of the community the very best. Thank you.
And lalaboy, whose city Kessler was promoted to Premier in March, submitted the following speech:
yay I got premier!
We reviewed three road proposals and approved two:
- A proposal for the A61 and B66 south of the Estival Sea has been denied. The proposal called for construction of a very small section that didn’t actually connect any towns together, with a plan of crossing the Estival Sea later. We recommend the road to cross the much narrower gap to the nearby arctic biome, and provide some connection between towns, before being proposed in full later.
- A proposal to extend the B54, connecting the A51 and A50 and providing a bypass around Venceslo and Downsview, has been approved.
- A proposal to extend the B750, connecting the A76 and A5-W and providing an easier connection between Central City and Espil, has been approved.
Projects and events
We received only one project, from SoaPuffball to build a canal between Nymphalia (EN23) and the Northern Ocean. This proposal has been partially approved: only the eastern portion of the canal can be built.
We also reviewed two events from TalonPlays:
- A PVP tournament, to occur in July or August, has been approved.
- The MMB Cup (also known as the MRT Golf Association season opener) on May 26 has been approved.
Both of these events have prizes, so we hope you sign up and participate! These events will appear on the Events Calendar as they approach.
We reviewed five requests for property auctions and approved one:
- Fairfax-Atlanta Metropolitan Airport (AFX), requested by jphgolf4321 and Narnia17: Transfer denied as the old world is primarily intended for historical preservation. We are declaring that old world assets are ineligible for auction, especially because they don’t count towards town rank status. If you are an owner or caretaker of an old world airport, you can renovate or re-assign gates as needed, but airports can’t expand outside of their footprint and new airports can’t be built on the old world.
- C91: Transferred to CynraSilver.
- V23: Transfer denied. Aldranster50’s town has expanded towards this station, but it’s just roads and no significant development. If Aldranster adds buildings and significant development, he may request this station again at a future GSM.
- NE9 St. Anna: Transfer denied. We received two proposals for this town, but we don’t feel like either prospective mayor would be able to continue the unique style of St. Anna. We may reach out to RedBear47 to see if any plans are in place for the town and if he has a caretaker in mind.
- T38 Hallarbor: Transfer denied. BernCow did not provide convincing reasons why he wanted the town.
As a reminder, if you are transferring assets to someone, the sender must email staff – not the receiver!
The next GSM has been scheduled for Saturday, June 16 at 7pm UTC. Please submit all topics for consideration by 7pm UTC on Thursday, June 14.
Hello everyone! The April 2018 GSM has concluded. It was a much shorter meeting (he says, proceeding to write 1,600+ words anyway) than the last few, but there were still some important conversations, and we’ve got announcements to share!
Update 2018-04-18: The dynmap render has now concluded. You can view the updated dynmap here.
Two moderators — Omricon and Ortem — have been demoted due to prolonged inactivity, and administrator BaronThamesBank has voluntarily stepped down. We are grateful to all three for all of their contributions to the server and community during their combined ten years of service, and wish them the best in their future endeavors.
BaronThamesBank and Omricon are now both [Senator]s, while Ortem is now a [Trustee].
We did not offer trial mod positions to any new candidates at this GSM, but we will be evaluating staffing levels at the next few GSMs in preparation for the busy summer season. If you’d like to nominate someone for the moderator position, please let us know.
New World Dynmap Render Starts April 15/16
Due to its size, the New World is not rendered fully on dynmap on a regular basis, but rather approximately twice a year (in addition to localized renders as requested). The last render was in September, and now that many students are preparing for exams, traffic is low enough that we can run our dynmap render this week before The Mole 9 starts on Saturday, April 21.
The New World dynmap render will begin at 4:00 AM UTC on Monday, April 16, and may take up to four full days to complete. A few other things to keep in mind during the rendering process:
- No WorldEdits will be permitted while the render is in progress.
- Players who use Schematica are asked to refrain from using the printer function until the render finishes.
- Renders of other worlds will be cancelled this week and will resume on their regular schedule next week.
- Reminders will be provided at regular intervals in game.
- We expect the rendering process to cause lag – this is normal, so please don’t complain about it as there is nothing we can do about it.
- Redstone devices may be slightly more out of sync than normal. Please take extra care while building or operating redstone devices, as they may produce unexpected results.
Thank you for your cooperation while we update the dynmap! We’re excited to see how much your cities and towns have grown since the last time we’ve updated the full map.
Update 2018-04-18: The render is now complete. WorldEdits and Schematica printing are now permitted once again. Thank you for your cooperation!
New plugins: Citizens and DiscordSRV
We’ve opened the beta server for public testing, and would love your feedback on two new plugins: Citizens and DiscordSRV. We plan to install these on the main server in the next few weeks.
We are fixing issues as fast as they are reported – permission issues with Citizens should now be all fixed, and some tweaks have been made on the staff-specific channels on DiscordSRV.
Two new changes for Citizens specifically that we will carry over to the main server:
- Trustees and above can spawn most types of NPCs, but ghasts and ender dragons are restricted to staff.
- The number of NPCs you can spawn will increase gradually with your rank as follows, much like personal homes:
- [Trustee]: 5 NPCs
- [Councillor]: 10 NPCs
- [Mayor]: 20 NPCs
- [Senator]: 30 NPCs
- [Governor]: 50 NPCs
- [Premier]: 100 NPCs
- Staff: Unlimited
As always, please send us your feedback and bug reports while you test these plugins out.
Smaller community-issue updates
- In response to a question that arose at the last GSM, there is no policy or rule prohibiting players from selling towns for in-game money. Please be reasonable about this; if we find that towns are being “flipped” (purchased and then re-sold for profit), auctioned unfairly, or other activities that are unfair or unwelcoming, we may ban this practice in the future. Furthermore, agreements of payment are private matters between the buyer and seller; staff members will not record the amount of payment and we will not help you collect on it if the buyer refuses to pay. If you choose to sell your town for a price, you are still responsible for emailing the staff to let us know of the transfer.
- A new Discord channel #entertainment has been created, to facilitate discussion of other pop-culture topics including movies and TV shows. Please keep musical discussion to #music, and memes to #random or the subreddit.
- Frumple will be enabling SVG file uploads on the wiki in the near future.
We received seven proposals for roads and approved six of them:
- An extension to the B54 from Malliston to Paixton, proposed by jamess__, has been approved.
- An unnumbered B-road, proposed by MojangChan to connect Deadbush to Totswoth, has been approved and numbered B60.
- Phase One of the B82, proposed by CrazyRocketGuy to connect Armada to Snowdin, has been partially approved. The portion of the road up to Snowdin is good to go, with the exception of the connection to Cicero (A28).
- The B94, proposed by SoSo123 to connect Stoneedge and Quiris, has been approved. Since these towns are close together (within about 300 blocks), a formal proposal was not needed to build a road between them, so long as both players were okay with the project. However, we have approved this project and reserved the number B94 in case either player wishes to extend the road further.
- Players who wish to build roads to a town within 300 blocks of their own do not need GSM approval. If you plan on extending the road beyond your two towns would like to build it as a B-road, please email us to reserve your road number. Full GSM approval is still required for A-roads and longer or disjoint B-roads.
- An extension to the A4, proposed by Just_robinho to continue bringing the A4 due east to the terminus of the Forest Line, has been approved.
- An extension to the A1, proposed by the United Cities Transit Committee, has been partially approved and amended. We have approved the proposed alignment up to ZN32, as well as a direct alignment that goes straight through ZN25 and ZN26, as neither of these stations have substantial enough development to be called “claimed”. This road must stop before reaching Chalxior and any further extensions proposed at a future GSM.
- An extension of the A8, proposed by EliteNeon to run between Vegeta and Rank Resort via ZN43, has been denied. EliteNeon has not secured any permissions from town mayors along the route and sent in screenshots of the dynmap from a mobile device. Before this extension can be re-submitted, all mayors along the route must approve of the road, and maps cannot be submitted as screenshots from a mobile phone as they are too small.
We received six requests for property auctions and approved all of them:
- C65/D23 Canre: Transferred to jamess__.
- D21: Transferred to CaptLincoln.
- ZS16: Transferred to Minecrafts000.
- MRT Phone Network: Transferred to Frosty_Creeper10.
- SkyWest Airlines: Transferred to Cortesi.
- Yelo Corporation: Transferred to BernCow.
This time around our “Other” section was actually quite full of miscellaneous projects and requests:
- A proposal by MindBender to relocate A9 (Radiance Square) Station underground has been denied. We think there is plenty of space near A9 for MindBender to work with, and buildings are allowed to straddle the tracks (just be reasonable about the clearance). If there is a clear need for above-ground space and a plan to use the newly freed space in place, we may reconsider this proposal at a later date.
- The next line to open will be the MRT Southern Line East (SLE). It is currently being constructed with one station missing, SE13 Southport. The station will be installed at a later date, but the line is cleared to finish construction and open at the next GSM, possibly without SE13 for now. Look for a station request form in the near future!
- The Jungle Line North (JLN) is now open between JS1 and JN16. The following stations have been awarded to players. Please note: by the time you see this post, the other stations may have been claimed, but they’re certainly worth a look if you’re looking to start a new town!
- JN15 and JN16: CaptainChimpy (Verdantium)
- JN12: existing town
- JN11: Kel5
- JN7: CaptLincoln
- JN6: existing town
- The next GSM has not been scheduled yet, for those planning ahead.
Yes, an “other” topic that warrants its own heading, because several actions came out of the discussion.
An ownership dispute at F15-P17 was discussed after Callumjk brought it to our attention that the buildings he built there had been razed by other players. As we have no written record that Callumjk is the rightful owner of the stations and surrounding town, F15-P17 will be up for general auction at the next GSM. Any player (including Callumjk) who would like to take ownership may request it by emailing the staff.
However! Because the town was completely destroyed without the use of WorldEdit, and a rail line was damaged in the process, the town has been rolled back to its prior state and the players who took it over have been issued with double warnings. We consider this to be one of the most egregious cases of griefing we’ve seen in a long time. In fact, when we started investigating, there was no trace of Callumjk’s town anywhere except the CoreProtect logs, and approximately 200 chunks of space were affected by the damage.
So, to recap: F15-P17 has been rolled back and is now up for general auction.
The Mole 9
Unrelated to the staff meeting, but undoubtedly an exciting event nonetheless: The Mole returns this Saturday, April 21 at 7pm UTC for its ninth season. You can learn more about the game and rules on its wiki page here.
Hi everyone! We are pleased to announce the results of the March 2018 “Spring Break Edition” of the General Staff Meeting. The public portion is available on YouTube here.
For those planning ahead, our next (still unnamed) GSM will be April 14, 2018 at 7pm UTC, with the topic submission cutoff at 7pm UTC on April 12. Please double check what time this is for you as many countries will be switching to or from Daylight Saving Time over the next few weeks.
As many of you know, hntredtie has stepped down from the Moderator position to focus on his academic work. We are grateful to hnt and thank him for all of the contributions he has made to the server, and we wish him the best in his future endeavors.
We are pleased to report that megascatterbomb will be joining the staff ranks as a Trial Moderator – congratulations and welcome aboard to Mega! (We did identify and offer the position to a second candidate, who declined the offer.)
Transit hubs are permitted at all ranks
We define a transit hub (loosely) as a structure, or set of structures connected via pedestrian walkways, that either (a) permit passengers to change between local (intra-city) and regional (inter-city) transit, (b) is a stop or station for four or more lines, or (c) is a stop or station served by two or more agencies or companies.
We are now permitting unincorporated towns (those that have not yet reached Councillor) to build transit hubs. Previously, there was a rule where towns had to be Councillor or higher to build transit hubs, but that was never posted on the Rules page.
Please note that this is not a free-for-all and transit hubs and stations must be realistic and built in existing towns. We will keep an eye on new developments and may revisit this rule at a later date if we find unrealistic hubs being built, or hubs being built in the middle of nowhere. Hubs constructed outside of cities may be removed on sight.
Additionally, this does not change the Mayor requirement for editing MRT stations. If you wish to incorporate the MRT Station as part of your transit hub, you must wait until your town reaches the Mayor rank.
Claims must now have substantial development to remain
In the Construction Rules, we are changing “Claimed areas that have not been built on after two weeks will become unclaimed” to “Claimed areas that have not been built upon significantly after two weeks will become unclaimed”. This rule change is effective immediately.
This means that MRT stations, islands, random land patches, etc must have more than just a simple road or path in order to have the land claim honored. We expect to see a little more effort to secure a land claim (usually a few buildings will do).
Please ask a staff member if you’d like assistance with determining land parcel claim status, and whether a development counts as substantial — any staff member can check when a specific block was placed (just ask for a block check), and admins can check a broader range or roll back all edits made to an area.
Clarification of expectations on funded events
Effective immediately, all grant proposals MUST include a detailed budget for ALL income and expenses. This means hosts must disclose their full payout scheme, plus any registration fees, corporate sponsorships, or other sources of money that may come from other players directly, and any other expenses (like booking fees to pay to venue owners).
To be clear, events are permitted to get funding from sources other than server grants, but we need to know how these monies will be used. We will require a financial report at the end of the event before money will be distributed. Events that fail to follow these guidelines may have their funding revoked.
Existing events that have submitted a grant proposal do not need to resubmit unless they will be changing their finances. We will fund already-approved events according to the terms originally proposed.
- A proposal to include landmarks as a part of Premier city reviews has been denied. We already require an “epic” landmark for Governor-ranked cities. If there are landmarks or other features that Premier candidates would like us to know about when conducting our review, there is a space on the form to indicate it, and these notes are read aloud before the review process starts.
- A proposal to allow Members and Citizens to use fireworks has been denied for security reasons. We will improve signage in Central Park to point to the Welcome Center and warp hall to assist these players’ mobility around the server.
- A full rendering of the New World dynmap will be scheduled for the end of April or start of May, when the number of active players is expected to drop. We will announce the dates in April once they are determined, as New World dynmap renders do take three or four days to complete.
- The beta server is currently whitelisted to staff only, and will be opened to the general population in a few weeks. We are testing the Citizens and DiscordSRV plugins and would love your feedback.
- Frumple will be setting up an OpenTTD server for MRT members. Details will be announced in Discord. He is currently seeking opinions on game settings as well as any mods to install. If you have experience in OpenTTD and would like to make any recommendations, please send these to Frumple via Discord PM or direct email.
We received two road proposals, both of which have been approved:
- A230 Phase 3 by Kel5, which will extend the A230 to EN18.
- B431 by sesese9, which will connect the A4 to P21/V19.
We received three proposals for asset auctions:
- The town of Izumo has been transferred to ModernArt. Although Modern has a history of abandoning towns, this was his first town that he founded himself, so we are happy to give it back to him.
- The airline of Yair, previously owned by Technological99, has been transferred to woorich999.
- Ben Rail and the MRT Phone Network were requested by LithiumMirnuriX, but both have been denied because Lithium did not give a detailed reason why he wanted them.
Premier City Reviews
Kessler has become the ninth city to reach the rank of Premier, and we are delighted to honor lalaboy for his work on the city. Lala was not present to give an acceptance speech, but we will post it here as soon as one is written.
A few cities and towns had activity reviews due to actions at previous GSMs:
- The town at V21, which has been requested by a few players, is now open for general auction. Aldranster50, the mayor of the town at V22, has failed to expand northward enough to justify an automatic claim, so we will permit anyone to request V21 at the next GSM. Please send your proposals to staff@.
- The city of Mason City (C12) has been transferred to AlfiePops as hnt has not done any work on it since receiving it at a previous GSM.
- As hnt is departing the server in addition to stepping down from the Moderator role, the city of Whitechapel (A10-A12) will be receiving a new caretaker. We are in the process of identifying who this will be.
That’s all for now – thanks all!
Chief (on behalf of the rest of the staff)
Hi all, the February 2018 GSM this past weekend has concluded. Once again the public portion was streamed on Frumple’s Twitch channel, and a recording of this is available here.
In response to the changing community, the original rule banning any sexually suggestive builds has been lightened, which now reads “No sexually explicit builds and comments in public chat channels“. The key difference here is that while slightly suggestive comments or builds are fine, you should avoid anything that could be considered crude.
In addition, a change in policy has been introduced for Senator, Governor and Premier promotions, whereby the time restriction of 4 weeks for Senator and Governor, and 8 weeks for Premier has been lifted.
Water Body Naming
Following on from when some of the lakes around the server were renamed in the November 2017 GSM. Please see the map below for the location of these water bodies, and the list below of the new official names
New Water Body Names:
- #14: Gray Cloud Lake
- #22: Wagtail Lake
- #23: South Sea
MRT v5.1, which is an improvement to the existing stations’ Departure Bays & Cart Loaders designed by godzilltrain and Lalaboy has been approved, and will be rolled out in the coming weeks across all MRT lines.
A new plan for the routing of the Southern, Island and Valley lines has been approved, which can be seen below (ignore the dashed line for the Valley Line, this was decided against):
Southern East Line
The Southern East line was proposed by godzilltrain and has been approved following the route shown above. A Google Form for signing up for stations will be provided later. Please note that the founding of any new towns along any extension route is prohibited until the extension is complete and the station has been assigned to a player.
The northern part of the Jungle line was proposed by AP_Red and has been approved following the route shown above. A Google Form for signing up for stations will be provided later. Please note that the founding of any new towns along any extension route is prohibited until the extension is complete and the station has been assigned to a player.
Following the completion of the line by chiefbozx, the following station allocations have been granted:
- WS1 – Granted to BernCow
- W0 through WN4 – Existing towns at all stations
- WN7 – Granted to Minecrafter_11
- WN8 through WN18 – Existing towns at all stations
- WN19 – Available for claiming with permission of MC_Protocol
- WN20 – Granted to FredTheTimeLord
- WN21 – Granted to _ezzo
- WN22 – Granted to _ShiniStudios_
- WN24 & WN25- Existing town by NorthOfKorea
- WN27 – Granted to InfamousColumbia
- WN30 – Granted to I_90
- A proposal by LithiumMirnurix to build the A59 has been denied as it is too ambitious, and it is unclear whether permission has been granted by nearby town owners.
- Another proposal by LithiumMirnurix to build a link between the A746/A76 has been
- denied as permission had not yet been granted from the nearby town of Kolpino City.
- A proposal by Just_Robinho to build the B45 connecting from Lakeview to Bronte, as well as extending the A4 from Marblegate along the Forest Line has been approved.
- A funding request by Airplane320 for prizes for the Olympic Games, a twice-annual event, has been approved.
- A request by Talonplays to organise a MiniGolf tournament has been denied as the project, which would have involved three large tournaments, is very ambitious. We have instead requested that Talonplays submits a request to fund just a single tournament, and depending on the outcome of this we will consider funding more in the future.
- A request by LDShadowLord to fund the Evella Expo 2018 has been partially approved. LDShadowLord had originally asked for the server to cover both the prize money, as well as $150 for his time spent organising the event; however as he plans on charging for booths, we have only agreed to cover the costs of the prizes.
- A proposal by mine_man_ to start drawing B-roads on Dynmap, in addition to the A-roads of which some have already been drawn, has been approved. These will be drawn in the coming months.
- A proposal by LDShadowLord for a Cargo Airport in Evella has been denied for now as it was unclear whether the structure was less than 50% of the size of Evella. We have invited LDShadowLord to resubmit his proposal
- A proposal by DevranTheBoyxD to move the MRT Station ZN30 underground through his town has been denied. We would be willing to reconsider this proposal once his town is larger.
Town & Company Auctions
- A request by Fifi_2 to take over the station T50/NW26 has been approved.
- A request by Jian_Zen to take over F31Saint Petersburg has been denied for now as his town is still a good distance away from the town. It was decided however that the station would be reserved for Jian_Zen if he were to expand closer in the future.
- A request by Aldranster50 to take over the town around V21 has been denied for now as his town is still a good distance away from the town. It was decided however that the station would be reserved for Aldranster if he were to expand closer in the future.
- A request by LithiumMirnurix to claim the area of Vietta Islands has been denied as he needs to show evidence that he can successfully build a town himself first.
- A request by ArdyArd to take over the company ChimeRail has been approved.
- A request by BernCow to take over the town around ZS25 has been approved.