UPDATE: New builds were added to the Inactive Build Auction as of December 1st. Please check them out on the Google Doc spreadsheet. Also, a clarification has been added regarding promotions to Mayor when a Member wins an auction.
As Chief mentioned earlier, the final staff meeting for the year is coming up. The date/time has now been finalized, it will be held Saturday, December 21st at 9PM GMT.
Once again, if you would like to nominate other members for the Trusted rank, please do so using our new-fangled form here: http://dft.ba/-MRTNominate. The staff will consider all nominations at the staff meeting, and announce our decisions right afterwards.
Finally, we’re also announcing an “auction” for inactive builds and town on the server. To participate in the auction, please follow these steps:
- Visit this Google Doc spreadsheet for a list of all inactive builds currently being considered for “auction”. Additional builds may be added to this list as the auction progresses.
- If you are interested in one of the builds listed, or if you have an idea of an inactive build that isn’t listed that you would like ownership of, please send an e-mail to mod+auction [at] minecartrapidtransit.net. In your e-mail, please write at least a paragraph on why you would like ownership of the build/town, and what your plans are for that build/town if you did get ownership.
- There is no limit to how many proposals you send to the above e-mail address. However, please note that in the interest of fairness to all players, it is very unlikely that we will grant two or more builds to the same player.
- Players with the rank [Member] or [Member+] will not be automatically promoted to [Mayor] if they win an auction. Instead, they must wait two weeks after winning the auction, and then made have enough significant development or changes to the build after those two weeks. Members should then ask an admin to evaluate their build to gain the Mayor rank.
- The last day to submit your proposals will be December 20th. The staff will then make a final decision about these builds at the staff meeting on December 21st.
Any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail.
Good evening! I hope you have had a good, train-filled day. I’ve had a good day but haven’t had the chance yet to go ride a train. Looks like I need to go take care of that…
Anyway – actual news – We have our final GSM of 2013 coming up. The date is still up in the air so please hold tight as we get our schedules aligned. We’ll let you know as soon as we can of what the date is via MOTD, Spawn, and our social network channels. As usual we are accepting nominations from our community for the Trusted ranks, so if you have any nominations of players who you believe deserve the Trusted tag, please send them to us. We are not accepting nominations for the Moderator rank at this meeting.
If you want to send nominations, you must do so here: http://dft.ba/-MRTNominate. We are not accepting nominations through email, as they tend to fill up our inboxes for at least three weeks leading up to a meeting.
Tentative dates are being tossed around at the moment, so please hold tight; we’ll get you a finalized date as soon as we can.
First off, we’ve updated to Minecraft 1.6.4. Please adjust your Minecraft clients accordingly. We will update to 1.7+ once a stable Bukkit build is available.
Now for the big news: It’s been a long time coming, but starting today you can now buy supporter benefits for your Minecraft account on the server. At this time, supporters will gain the following benefits:
- A “+” symbol appended to their player tag indicating that they are a supporter: [Member+], [Mayor+], or [Trusted+]
- Use of the /me command in chat
- Use of chat colours
- Ability to place signs with coloured text
To make your purchase, first read our Supporter Policy, then click the link there to go to our Buycraft portal where you can actually make your purchase. Please read our Supporter Policy carefully, and follow all instructions on Buycraft.
The minimum purchase amount for these benefits is $10.00 CAD. Upon completion of your purchase, please wait up to 7 days before we send you a confirmation e-mail and grant you your benefits. Supporter benefits are granted on a permanent basis and do not need to be renewed.
Finally, I am also releasing an MRT Server Finances Google Doc to the public today. This document contains all expenses I have incurred so far in running this server, and it will also contain the usernames and amounts of all future supporter contributions. Since I am now taking in contributions, I personally think it’s a good idea to make these finances transparent so you, the players know where money is going.
Now I do not expect to recoup all or even half of my expenses in running the server from supporter contributions, so please don’t worry about the amount of expenses in the document. I will still continue to use my own money to keep this server running for the foreseeable future. That said, if you do choose to become a supporter, then I do sincerely thank you. Every little bit does help and I do appreciate it.
If you have any questions about the new supporter ranks and benefits, feel free to e-mail me. My e-mail address is on the Contact page.
You may have noticed today that all MRT services (Minecraft server, dynmap, website, and wiki) are loading very slow today. This is because there was a fiber line cut near Montreal, where this server is hosted.
Our server provider OVH is keeping tabs of the situation and will let us know when the situation is resolved. You can follow them on their twitter feed, or on their task tracker for this incident.
In the meantime, I suggest you go do something else for now, like go outside (oh noes) or play some other games. We’ll update this post when the situation is resolved.
Update 5:00 PM EDT: OVH is reporting that the fibre link is back up and operational. Should be all clear now.
We’ve finally updated the server to Minecraft 1.6.2! Horses everywhere!!!
In addition, we’ve made some rather major changes with regards to teleports, warps, and other things:
- The [Request] channel has been disabled due to abuse. Please POLITELY ask a staff member for any requests in general chat.
- Rule Change: You can no longer ask staff for teleports. Instead, use the new /call command to request a teleport to other players.
- We have switched to a new warp plugin and all old warps and warp signs will no longer work. Please be patient while the staff re-create all public warps and warp signs.
- [Mayors] and [Trusteds] can now set up their own private warps. This replaces the town-specific warps for mayors. For more info on how to set up private warps, please see the Commands page.
A new server world download is now available on the Map Downloads page. This world was taken from August 13, 2013, and accompanies a new update video on my channel. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to produce a MCMapDZ render this time because MCMapDZ hasn’t been updated since 1.3, and the other mapping tools I’ve tried weren’t good enough for my purposes.
In other news, 1.6 is coming soon to the server, probably in the next few weeks. In case you didn’t know, we do have a separate beta server running that we use to test out new Minecraft versions and Bukkit plugins before bringing them to the main server. The address for the beta server is: beta.minecartrapidtransit.net. Some members have already gained access to the beta server before after completing a quest on the server, but the newer members may not be aware of it. I think now is the time to reveal the beta server to all so we can get more folks testing out the newest features. Please note that the rules on the beta server are the same as the main server, except that griefing and experimentation are allowed on the beta server. However, please keep in mind that the point of the beta server is to test out new features, so don’t just go on there just to grief and cause problems.
Finally, as I mentioned before, I’ll be wrapping up the recording of the new timelapse and flythrough videos for the 4 MRT lines this weekend. I will start releasing these videos on my channel next week, so stay tuned for that.
The MRT network has a lot of weird and wonderful things, and now it has its own internet radio channel. To get the link for the official channel page where you can share your music tastes with other members, please ask your nearest staff member. All music is welcome in the channel.
Please make sure to change your username so other members can identify you. Ask your nearest staffer for help on doing this.
I’m pleased to announce that we’ve finally setup an e-mail address to allow you guys to message the moderators. The address is mod [at] minecartrapidtransit.net. Messages sent to this address will be forwarded to all mods, admins, and myself.
In other news, since the server is now 1 year old, I’ve decided to record a new series to timelapse videos for all the MRT lines, similar to the ones I did before I started the server. If you haven’t seen the old ones before, check them out here.
This time around though, I will be recording the timelapse live on the server, with you guys and your creations as the stars. I will also be recording TWO videos for each MRT line: A traditional timelapse video where I ride the line, and an overhead flythrough video where I focus on the cities, towns, and other structures that people have built near the line.
Just some rules you should be aware while I’m recording the videos:
- DO NOT fly too close in front of me while I’m recording, shoot arrows, spawn mobs, or throw potions, snowballs, fireworks, anvils, explosives, or any other items in my view. Offenders will be kicked immediately and may be given warnings.
- While I am recording the timelapse videos, please do NOT ride the MRT line in the same direction I am heading. You may however, travel in the opposite direction, so you can show up in the video.
I plan to start recording this weekend, starting with the Blue Line Timelapse and Flythrough. Here is a tentative schedule of the recording dates. Each recording will start at 3:00 pm GMT (9:00 am PDT, 12:00 pm EDT, 5:00 pm CET). Note that these dates and times are subject to change:
- Saturday, July 27: Blue Line Timelapse
- Sunday, July 28: Blue Line Flythrough
- Saturday, August 3: Green Line Timelapse
- Sunday, August 4: Green Line Flythrough
- Saturday, August 10: Yellow Line Timelapse
- Sunday, August 11: Yellow Line Flythrough
- Saturday, August 17: Red Line Timelapse
- Sunday, August 18: Red Line Flythrough
Hope to see you guys then!
The server will be one year old as of this Sunday, July 14th. To celebrate, we are holding a series of events this weekend for everyone to enjoy!
Here is the current schedule of events (note that event times may be changed or cancelled without prior notice in case the organizer doesn’t show up):
Saturday July 13th (all times in GMT)
- Midnight – Deal or No Deal (hosted by Boss)
- 4:00 pm – Team PVP (hosted by McYoshi)
- all day – 2nd Round of Anniversary PVP (hosted by Chief)
Sunday July 14th (all times in GMT)
- Midnight – Deal or No Deal (hosted by Boss)
- 3:00 am – Opening of MRT International Airport (hosted by Boss)
- 3:00 pm – Fireworks Display at Y9 (hosted by McYoshi)
- 7:00 pm – Opening of the 30th Floor Puzzle Map (hosted by McYoshi)
There will also be other events happening on-the-fly, including a “Mystery Event”. Details about these events will be revealed later.
Thanks and see you then!
Updates! Get your updates here!
- 1.6 has hit the launchers! Actually, you need a new launcher to use it, which makes it all the more easy to switch between versions – since the new launcher supports 1.5.2! If you want to continue to play on the server (or join), make sure you use the old launcher, or select 1.5.2 from the version list before signing in. We’re hoping to update in early August or late July, depending on plugins.
- PVP arenas are now fully functioning, so tournament players: please find your opponent and have your match if you have not done so already. I would like us to move into the second round on the anniversary, so please have your games done by July 12 if at all possible.
- Dynmap renders are now done automatically every day! While they don’t provide a live, up-to-the-minute snapshot of the server, you can still see your builds progress as time goes on. More transit systems should be drawn in over the coming weeks.
- MRT Mail is fully finished, now with tons of services for you to use! See [[MRT Mail]] for all of the information you need.
- Voice chat: While we try to figure out what platform we will use (TeamSpeak and Mumble are our main contenders) to replace the current server, please continue to use the “old” Mumble server until instructed otherwise.
- We are pleased to welcome yeamanator132 to the staff as a Moderator! He will be trying out the position over the next few weeks to see if he is a good fit for, and would like to become, a full member of the staff. Congratulations!