Hey folks! We hope you’re enjoying the new website theme. And it includes pretty pictures, yaay!
The next GSM is coming up soon. We have TENTATIVELY scheduled it for February 7, 2015. As we are still pinning down schedules, this date is subject to change over the next couple of weeks, and if it does we will post the new date and time here.
Since we have always gone over an hour on the private portion of the meeting, we will still start the private meeting at 9pm UTC, but plan on switching to public at 10:30 pm UTC (a half hour later).
Promotions to Senator and Governor
Just like any GSM, we will be reviewing cities for promotion to Senator and Governor. The cutoff date for your last promotion is January 10, 2015 – the date of the last GSM. If you applied for Senator or Governor for the last meeting but did not receive it, you have been rolled over and need not re-apply.
Click here to request a promotion. The sooner you do it, the better!
Remember that you don’t need to meet the requirements at the time of your application – you just need to meet them at the time of the meeting. So, if you’re at 33 builds but will be around between now and the meeting, go ahead and apply!
The requirements for Senator are:
- Promotion to [Mayor] was on or before the cutoff date (January 10, 2015).
- No active warnings against you.
- 40 (or more) unique builds, with good effort put into them.
- At least 10 houses, apartments, shops, or office spaces are owned by other players – not the mayor or DM.
- A unique, identifying landmark within your city.
The requirements for Governor are:
- Promotion to [Senator] was on or before the cutoff date (January 10, 2015). All Senator cities meet this requirement.
- No active warnings against you.
- 60 (or more) unique builds, with good effort put into them.
Promotions to Premier
This is the first meeting where cities are eligible for promotion to the Premier rank. However, because the requirements and perks are still largely undecided, we will NOT be reviewing cities for promotion to Premier at this meeting. We will be accepting Premier requests in the near future – hopefully at the March GSM.
We are adding to the order of events on the day of the GSM, to allow for other planning meetings to take place between members. The schedule for the day of the meeting is now:
- 4-8:30 pm UTC: Pre-Meetings. This is your chance to get groups of players together to plan stuff out, and report it to the staff at the GSM if you want. This opportunity is great for metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs), airline alliances, city governments, or other groups to meet, plan, and discuss relevant issues.
- Please be considerate of other players’ commitments and keep meetings brief. We won’t be enforcing a strict time limit, but we are recommending 1 hour for MPOs, 30 minutes for transit alliances (airline, rail, etc), and 15 minutes for other meetings.
- All pre-meetings must end by 8:30 pm UTC.
- 8:30 pm UTC: Promotion requests for Senator and Governor close – the earlier you apply, the better!
- 8:45-9 pm UTC: Pre-Meeting Reports. If you want to give a report on what happened in your pre-meeting to the staff, this is your chance! Some pre-meeting decisions may affect private GSM discussion – especially rail and road planning – so we encourage all pre-meetings to give a report.
- If you want to give a report from a pre-meeting, please let the admins know by 8:30 pm UTC so that we don’t forget you!
- 9-10:30 pm UTC: Private General Staff Meeting – note it is extended by a half hour.
- 10:30 pm UTC: Public General Staff Meeting. This goes on as long as necessary, concluding with the open floor discussion and questions period.
We hope this agenda will work better for everyone.
Eastern line construction
Though it’s not related to the GSM, just a heads-up that the Eastern line construction is starting tomorrow (January 26) on the central section, and today (January 25) on the northern section. Robin and I will be getting the stations and track installed over the next few weeks.
Please do not ride the Eastern line in either direction until the section has been declared open for service. We will post here when a section is ready to go. Thanks!
That’s all for now. See you around!