Here are the results of the February 2024 GSM:
Premier Candidate: Caravaca
One Premier candidate was considered at this GSM: Caravaca by DDaniii_.
Unfortunately, Caravaca did not pass with a vote of 3-5 (remember that a Premier requires 80% votes in favour to be promoted). Most staff voting against did indicate the city was close to Premier, however a lack of completeness and furnished interiors prevented them from voting in favour. The feedback can be read here.
One Conductor applicant was considered at this GSM:
- The_White_Mane (aka _frozen) was promoted by a vote of 11-0-0.
Congratulations to The_White_Mane for their promotion to Conductor.
Trustees can now create warps
The permission to create warps and warp signs has been moved from Councillor down to Trustee rank. A #community-issues poll on Discord showed that a majority of people were in favour of this move. There were some concerns about how this change would leave the Councillor rank without any major perks, but we don’t know what kind of perks should be added. This may be something that we revisit in the future.
How remaining MRT extensions are distributed
There was a lengthy discussion at this GSM about whether there should be limitations on who can build the remaining MRT lines and extensions. In the past, there has been an informal “one extension per person” rule. There was some discussion on replacing this with a 6-month cooldown, where a player who builds an extension would have to wait 6 months after the end of construction before proposing another extension.
However, due to the presence of many edge cases, we’ve decided to not institute any formal restrictions on extensions at this time. We are also approving SimonScholar’s Expo West extension, which was proposed back in January. However, we will advise Simon that the likelihood that we will approve any further extension beyond this for him is very low considering that we do want to ensure that current and future players of MRT can have an opportunity to build an extension.
- The annual full dynmap render of New World will be happening during the week of February 11 to 17. Please note the following:
- The main Minecraft server will have a brief downtime on Monday, February 12th at 2 am UTC to trim excess world chunks from the New World. This downtime will last no more than 1 hour, and is to ensure that these chunks do not appear in the final dynmap render.
- Automated New World #dynmap-renders on Discord will be disabled for several days while the full dynmap render is running. We will make announcements when #dynmap-renders is disabled and re-enabled.
- TrainCarts attachments have now been enabled on beta server. Thanks of NobodyBestFriend, there is also a demo train on beta server that can be accessed by a warp at spawn. The decision to enable attachements to the main server will be made at the next GSM.
That’s all for this month. See you at the next GSM on Saturday, March 9th at 7pm UTC.