Here are the results of the January 2024 GSM:
Three Conductor applicants were considered at this GSM:
- RainbowSlimee was not promoted by a vote of 2-7-1.
- bobbygammer was promoted by a vote of 9-1-0.
- Avaneesh2008 was promoted by a vote of 10-1-0.
Congratulations to bobbygammer and Avaneesh2008 for their promotions to Conductor.
WorldEdit Incident Rapid Response
In light of some recent WorldEdit accidents performed by Conductors and Staff, we’ll be introducing a new procedure to keep track and prevent these incidents from causing permanent damage to the world. The procedure consists of two steps:
- When a Conductor or Staff suspects that their W/E command has lagged/crashed the server or caused significant physical damage to the world, they should immediately try to `//undo` their last operation and then submit a WorldEdit Incident Report Form.
- An Administrator will then review the incident report and check the server logs around the time of the incident to verify the command used and to ensure there were no other ill effects reported in the logs. The admin will then visit the in-game location of the incident and ensure there is no physical damage at the location or nearby. If necessary, the admin will perform a rollback to undo the damage if the conductor/staff did not perform an `//undo` or the `//undo` did not complete successfully.
We’d like to emphasize the submitting false positive reports is totally okay and expected. If a Conductor or Staff is in doubt on whether they should submit a report or not, they should err on the side of caution and submit anyway.
Allowing trustees to create warps deferred to a poll
A proposal submitted by lightshatterz to move the permission to create warps from Councillor to Trustee has been deferred to the next GSM.
This topic has proven to be contentious at this GSM with many different opinions, so we will also be putting up a poll topic in the #community-issues Discord channel to determine the community’s stance on this issue.
MRT Expo West Extension 2 deferred to next GSM
A proposal submitted by SimonScholar to extend the MRT Expo Line further west has been deferred to the next GSM. As there is a bigger issue of what to do about the unofficial “one extension per person” policy, this topic will be converted into a community issue for the next GSM.
Central City Topics
Regarding topics related to Central City submitted in the future, we now encourage everyone to submit such topics to the #proposals channel in Discord first. This will be satisfactory for most minor topics, but if the topic is deemed to be too large or complicated, it will likely be deferred to the next GSM.
CentralLink to be converted to TrainCarts
A proposal submitted by AP_Red to convert the CentralLink rail system in Central City has been approved.
Central City Belt Line Phase 1 approved
A proposal submitted by FredTheTimeLord to build a Central City Belt Line loop for TrainCarts has been partially approved. Phase 1 consists of a north-south corridor along Bleakwood Avenue and has been approved. Subsequent phases will be proposed in the #proposals channel on Discord with further specifics and details.
Extensions of Bleakwood Avenue and Hoopsville Street approved
A proposal by Johngi to extend the Central City roads of Bleakwood Avenue and Hoopsville Street north into Sendai have been approved.
That’s all for this month. The next GSM will be held on Saturday, February 10th at 7pm UTC.