Last updated: 2017-11-22
The Most Important Rules
- Be kind and respectful to other players.
- You are responsible for your own account, regardless of who is using it.
- Staff reserve the right to take appropriate action for behaviour or actions deemed unacceptable for the server and community.
- Remember that this is just a game. Chill out and have fun. 🙂
- Do not grief.
- Do not spam.
- Do not advertise other servers.
- Do not ask to become a staff member.
- Do not ask staff about the status of your member application.
- Do not ask for teleports from staff.
- Do not excessively ask for WorldEdits or station repairs from staff.
- Do not use malicious client mods or hacks.
- Do not excessively argue, swear, or use caps in public.
- Do not reveal any personally identifiable information.
- Do not plagiarize builds that you do not have permissions for.
The Most Important Construction Rules
- The purpose of this server is to build modern towns and cities. If you want to build something different, please ask a staff member.
- Before building in an existing town or city, ask the mayor first. You can find the name of the mayor at the town hall, or you can ask a staff member.
- Respect the landscape that you are building on. Do not ask for WorldEdits that clear or make massive changes to the land or sea.
- Areas on the server are claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Use signs and fences/boundary markers to claim areas.
- Do not claim too many areas at one time.
- Do not claim areas that are too large.
- Do not claim areas that are within 300 blocks of another town, unless you have permission from the mayor of that town.
- Claimed areas that have not been built on after two weeks will become unclaimed.
- A build is considered to be “complete” if its overall external structure (floors, walls, roof, etc.) appear to be finished.
- If a build has a finished external structure, but the interior has not yet been decorated, then it is still considered to be “complete”.
- Please ensure that you place a sign with your name on your completed build.
- All “incomplete” builds that have not been touched after 1 month are subject to removal.
The following builds can only be built on the new world once you have achieved a certain rank on the server. Please see the Player Ranks page for more details.
- Intercity roads and highways (See Road Construction Rules below)
- Intercity rail lines (See Rail Line Construction Rules below)
- Airports, airfields, heliports, and spaceports (Allowed at [Senator] and [Governor] ranks)
- Amusement parks (Allowed at [Governor] rank)
- Player statues
- Lag machines
- Pixel art that serves no realistic purpose (Exception: Pixel art that advertises a shop or company is allowed)
- High speed lines (bullet trains powered by pistons)
- Anything that is considered Not-Safe-For-Work (NSFW) or sexually suggestive
- Planets or solar systems on the space world
Road Construction Rules
- All roads must be reasonably realistic (ie: not floating in the air with no pillars)
- All roads must respect all existing builds and towns that it connects to or is built close to.
- All roads must make a best effort to follow the MRT Road Standards.
- A-Roads are the major superhighway arteries that serve large regions on the new world.
- You must email a proposal with pictures to staff before constructing an A-road. This proposal will be considered at the next scheduled GSM.
- B-Roads are the minor highways that branch off A-Roads and connect to towns.
- If you are building a B-Road connecting an A-Road to a nearby town within a “reasonable” distance, you do not need prior permission to build the road.
- if you are building a B-Road not connected to an A-Road (ie: far away in the middle of nowhere), then you must email a proposal to staff similar to that of an A-Road proposal.
Rail Line Construction Rules
- All rail lines must be reasonably realistic (ie: not floating in the air with no pillars)
- All rail lines must respect all existing builds and towns that it connects to or is built close to.
- All rail lines must connect to a nearby town within a “reasonable” distance. (ie: no long rail lines going across the server)
- All rail lines must have the intention of connecting to an existing town (ie: no rail lines to the middle of nowhere)
- All rail lines must make a best effort to follow the Rail Building Guidelines.
- If you are giving any of your assets (town, city, company, etc.) to another player, you must email staff so that they are aware of the transfer.
- If the Mayor of a town becomes inactive for 3 months or is permanently banned, the Deputy Mayor will inherit ownership of the town if one is assigned.
Before asking a staff member for a WorldEdit (W/E), keep the following in mind:
- Be respectful of the staff members time: Remember that they are volunteers and may refuse your W/E request at their discretion.
- “10 Minute Rule”: If an admod has just joined, do not ask them for a W/E until 10 minutes have passed.
- “5 Minute Rule”: If you can do a W/E by hand within 5 minutes, then do not ask for such a W/E.
- Place your corners: Make sure you have placed blocks indicating the corners of the W/E. Failure to do so wastes the time of the staff member.
- Use /helpop: When you’re ready to make your WorldEdit request, use /helpop so that staff can easily see it.
- How to WorldEdit: If you don’t know how WorldEdit works or how to set up a WorldEdit for a staff member. Please consult our WorldEdit Schools located near Spawn or please google/YouTube ‘WorldEdit’
Additional building rules on the other worlds
- There are not to be any new claims of the old world. You may only build on the old world if:
- You are the owner of any builds or towns prior to the migration to the new world. You may only manage only the builds and towns you own and not start any new ones.
- You may maintain a airline route with the caretaker/owner of an airport on the new world.
- You may maintain a Sea faring route in and out of the old world with the caretaker/owner of any marinas in the old world.
- New boats with an the oceans of the water ways and oceans are ban
- Only owners of boats in oceans can manage current boats in the oceans
- Boats still need clear water ways from marinas to have a warp connection. No land lock marinas. All oceans touch ocean between old and new worlds.
- No new airports should be built on the old world where one is already located with in reasonable distance of another airport.
- The airport should be located near a town or city.
- Please be mindful of other builds near you.
- The goal of the old world is to more preserve MRT history and show off what we have done as a community. Not for loop holes in the rules and build things you can’t build on the new world. Staff have the right to tell you to stop building something and take it down. If problems on the old world persist we may take actions to stop all building in the old world completely or take the old world down entirely.
- The world is for anyone Member and up to setup various PVP and entertaining games. Like Spleef, race tracks and other functional multi or single player games.
- Please only use what you need land wise in the game world.
- Understand that anyone can play any games you put in the games world.
- try to make the game automated please adhere to the general build rules.
- Keep behind the Dark green line surrounding game world spawn.
- Please ask a staff member to place a warp sign to your game in the warp gazebos when your game is done
- Only if it takes a player longer the ~2 mins to fly to your game.
- Please beware of redstone clock rules and other lag barring rules.
- The world is for anyone member on up to test builds or redstone networks with out messing up there town.
- all builds should be behind the red line around world spawn.
- You may claim a small area to work on project please clean up your area rather then try to expand your area.
- For one time builds please like train stations and buildings meant for one time use . Please remove the building after you are done with it and no more will be pasted in.
- For multi use buildings like franchise please note that the lab world may be cleared with ample time warning to help save any particular building you may need.
- again if you have discontinued a line of franchise or transit types please remove it from lab world. the more we keep the lab world clean the longer there may be time before we recycle the lab world and start from fresh again.
- Please be mindful of redstone and other lag devices on the lab world.
- Do not copy other peoples work with out there permission first. As in don’t get a staff member to copy and paste someone’s other project with out there permission first.
- The main purpose of the world is to allow members and up to build in a space type setting.
- The world is set to stay in night. There is no land just straight void below y=0. Mind your altitude.
- Only Space stations, Space Ships and Asteroids no bigger then a radius of 20 blocks.
- Please keep space stations roughly 500 blocks away from spawn station (Star Base 1) and larger space stations at least 1000 blocks from spawn.
- Shuttles can be created at Star Base 1 provided that they can fly thru the main hanger doors.
- Warps can be created using shuttles from:
- Space station to larger ships with hanger bays.
- Space Statins to Space Stations provided there is some way to doc to the station.
- From a Space ship or Space Station to the new world via a Space port.
- Space ports on the new world are regulated by town rank. If the space port uses a runway and large terminal system then it’s subject to airport procedures.
- To start a new Ship or Station ask a Staff member to create a block for you to build off of.
Warning and Ban Policy
If you violate any of the rules, a staff member may verbally warn you in chat or Mumble to stop. If you continue to misbehave, the staff member may issue a formal warning against you.
In general, every warning will remain on your record for 30 days starting from the date it was issued. For more severe violations of the rules, a double warning will be issued, which counts as 2 warnings and lasts a total of 60 days. Double warnings are usually only issued for cases of blatant griefing and/or disrespect.
Depending on how many warnings you have, you may be subject to additional punishments. For [Member]s and above, the punishments are as follows:
- On your 1st warning, you will not be able to ask for a promotion to the next rank until your warning is cleared. Consider this as a reminder to follow the rules and respect other players.
- On your 2nd warning, you will be demoted back to the [Member] rank. Once all of your warnings have cleared, your old rank will be restored unless there are serious doubts from staff that you will not re-offend.
- On your 3rd warning, you will be temporarily banned from the server for 1 week.
- On any warnings after your 3rd warning, you will be permanently banned from the server. You may appeal your ban by e-mailing the admins at admin [at] minecartrapidtransit.net.
For [Guest]s, the progression of punishments is much shorter:
- On your 1st warning, your member applications will be automatically rejected until your warning is cleared.
- On your 2nd warning, you will be permanently banned from the server. You can appeal your ban by e-mailing the admins.
If you have any questions about your current warnings, please do not hesitate to contact a staff member.