I’m pleased to announce that the MRT Server will be holding its first ever Screenshot Contest! We’re looking to place some screenshots on the image slider on the website’s front page, and we’ll place all submissions on there as well as give out some in-game cash prizes! Here are the rules for the contest:
- The contest is open to all players who are of at least [Member] rank and at most [Mod] rank. The 4 [Admin]s will be judging all submissions. The [Owner] will be facilitating the contest and will not vote on any submissions.
- Each player can make ONLY ONE (1) screenshot submission to the contest, so make sure it counts! If you have already sent in your submission, any further submissions will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- The contest will start following the February GSM, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 7th.
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 pm PST on Saturday February 28th. Admins will then conduct voting for 1 week until the results are announced at the March GSM, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 7th.
- The screenshot may contain any subjects (including structures, towns, cities, landscapes, players, mobs, etc.), as along as it is within server rules.
- Minimum resolution for screenshots is 1024 x 768. Higher resolutions are strongly recommended.
- The Heads-Up Display (HUD) must be hidden in your screenshot. Press F1 to show/hide it.
- If you are using OptiFine, you are encouraged to enable connected textures and grass sides.
- You may use any texture packs.
- You may use any shaders or renderers.
- You may crop or rotate your screenshots to your liking, but any further edits or “photoshopping” of your screenshots is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- Upload your screenshot to an image hosting service. We strongly recommend imgur.com.
- Navigate to the MRT subreddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/
MRTServer/. If you already have your own Reddit account, please log in to it. Otherwise, please create a new Reddit account.
- Once you are logged in, click “Submit a new link” on the right-hand side of the MRT subreddit.
- Your post title can be anything you wish, but it MUST include the text “[Screenshot Contest]” or “[SC]”.
- Your post URL should be a link to the screenshot you uploaded.
- Click “Post”. Don’t panic if your post doesn’t show up immediately on the subreddit. Some posts get caught in the spam filter, and the subreddit moderators will periodically check and approve of such posts so that they will appear.
Admins will be judging each screenshot and be looking for the following qualities, in no particular order or priority:
- Overall aesthetics and beauty
- Use of colours and contrasts
- Attention to details
- Depiction of everyday life on the server
There will be two rounds of voting, a preliminary round and a final round. At any point in time, the admins are not allowed to share their selections or votes to anyone else other than the owner.
In the preliminary round of voting, the 4 admins will each select their choice of their top 5 submissions and submit them to the owner. The owner will collect a maximum of 20 finalist submissions, which will move forward to the final round of voting.
In the final round of voting, the 4 admins will score each of the finalist submissions from 0 to 10, and submit them to the owner. The owner will then tally up the scores for each finalist, and will issue prizes to each finalist according to their score.
Two (2) People’s Choice prizes will be awarded to the top two scoring (upvotes + downvotes) screenshot posts on the MRT subreddit.
Note that these prize amounts may change without prior notice.
- First place: $5000
- Second place: $3000
- Third place: $2000
- Fourth place: $1000
- Fifth place: $500
- All other finalists: $100
- All other non-finalists: $20
- People’s Choice: +$500 in addition to base prize