Here are some assorted announcements for this month:
September GSM Date
The next General Staff Meeting will be held this Saturday, September 23rd at 7 PM UTC (12 PM PDT / 3 PM EDT). Current agenda topics include the following:
- Reviewing the voting process for City Rank Candidate Batches due to a recent lack of votes from staff
- Discussion about recent page edit wars on the wiki and what can be done to prevent them or enforce rules around them
- Adding miscellaneous commands and permissions.
Please be sure to e-mail staff before Friday, September 22nd at 7 PM UTC to submit any road and project proposals, or auction requests.
New World Dynmap Render
Due to many members being busy and heading back to school, there has been an recent overall decline of players on the server. This is a good opportunity to perform a full render on the New World, which was last fully rendered in January and has only been updated in small portions by staff members.
The next full render of the New World will begin after the server restart on Monday, September 25th at 4 AM UTC (9 PM PDT / 12 AM EDT) and is expected to last 2 to 3 whole days, depending on the number of players online and server performance. Please note the following during this period:
- An in-game message will be shown every 5 minutes stating the render’s progress.
- The server will lag during this time, so please avoid doing anything intensive while on there.
- Please do not complain about the lag, it is counterproductive.
- No WorldEdits will be allowed while the render is in progress.
City Rank Candidate Batch #17 Delayed
Due to lack of votes from staff, voting for the current City Rank Candidate Batch has been extended to September 30th, with promotions expected to be given by October 1st. Sorry for the inconvenience.
New Status Page
I have set up a new webpage that shows the current status of all MRT services including Minecraft servers, Mumble servers, and websites: https://status.minecartrapidtransit.net.
This page refreshes every minute, and also shows version information and online player counts. You can hover over the player count to get the list of online players, and you can hover over the status to get a more detailed description. Please note that the player count includes vanished staff members. Do not bother them in-game or you may be given a warning.
If you suspect a server or website has gone down, please consult this page first before notifying staff. Do note that this status page is hosted on the same machine with all the services it lists, so if there are any network issues, then those issues will either not show up on the status page, or you may not be able to access the status page at all.
That is all for now.