Hi everyone! Apologies for the lengthy delay in this
propaganda GSM results post – I personally have had a lot of IRL things thrown at me in the last couple of weeks, but I’m happy to finally report that on June 9, 2019, we had a General Staff Meeting. The public portion of the meeting, which included most of the topic discussions, is available here.
Rules page finally updated (and 2K rule change)
The Rules page of the website has finally been updated to account for the new rules that we approved way back in the spring. It’s a super fancy page now. Just click the header of the appropriate section to expand that section’s rules. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there are any rules that didn’t transfer over.
At the GSM we adjusted the railway block limit from 2,000 to 4,000 blocks. Railway companies no longer need to email staff for permission to build rail lines that have 2,001-4,000 blocks between stations.
Changes to city rank promotion procedures
We approved two changes to the procedures for promoting cities to the Senator, Governor, and Premier ranks.
First, the threshold of approval required for Premier cities to be promoted has been lowered from 85% to 80%. We want to allow some dissenting opinions, while still ensuring that candidates have widespread support.
Second, we are instituting a cooldown period for cities that repeatedly fail to be promoted. Candidates who attempt a promotion to a city rank will need to wait for an additional period of time above the usual waiting period between attempts, beginning with their fourth attempt.
- Candidates for Senator and Governor who are subject to cooldown must wait 28 days from receiving feedback before they can re-apply (as opposed to 14 days).
- Candidates for Premier who are subject to cooldown may not re-apply at the next GSM following receipt of feedback.
These cooldowns are now enforced for new candidates; existing candidates who were in the voting process at the time of the GSM were allowed to continue as normal. Once a promotion is successful, cities are no longer subjected to cooldown.
New Premier cities
Having approved these changes to the city rank promotions procedure, we approved two Premier cities: Espil (by EspiDev) and Kolpino City (by MishkaMan)! Their acceptance speeches are as follows:
I would just like to thank the entire MRT community for creating this amazing and friendly environment! Without it, I don’t think I would have had the motivation to build Espil. This, however, is not the end of the story for Espil, as I will still keep on building 😉EspiDev
This is honestly the best gaming community I’ve ever been a part of. I remember I joined in 2013 as user “pppppppppoooooop” and was rejected a few times, then gave up (for reference, I did not make this username, it was procedurally generated by Mojang when I made the account and didn’t type in a username by accident, so I was stuck with it until Mojang added a username change feature). Fortunately, I tried again in 2015 and was accepted. Building Kolpino City has been such an accomplishing and enjoyable experience for me, and I really appreciate everyone who helped me out. I am very grateful to Frumple and the staff for spending their time, money, and effort to managing and upholding the community to high standards as well as supporting the players with the many tools they implement and update. Thank you.MishkaMan
Space World has returned
After much enthusiastic debate, we have re-enabled the Space World. Please note that we will be monitoring usage, and if we start running low on available disk space, the Space World may be removed again in the future (especially if its usage remains low).
New #mature Discord channel
We have added a new #mature Discord channel, which relaxes, though does not waive, General Rule #9 (“Do not make sexually explicit comments in public chat and voice channels”). This channel allows explicit content in context, but extreme content is still banned. Per Discord’s Terms of Service, this channel is marked as NSFW, and is opt-in for members age 18 and over. To request access to the channel, please post in #request-access-to-mature and staff will process your permissions as quickly as possible.
Additional community issues
- We will consider making some changes to Central Park to improve accessibility and wayfinding.
- We will not make any changes to seaplanes: by design, they are required to take off and land on water, and therefore are not compatible with traditional airports or airfields.
- We considered a proposal to change how local and project channels are displayed in game, but decided against this.
- Members are permitted to request shortened nicknames in Discord, provided there are no conflicts. For example, MinecraftYoshi26’s Discord username is shortened to “Yoshi”. Please ask a member of staff if you would like your Discord nickname changed.
- We have enabled the /mv spawn command on all worlds for all players. You can use this to teleport back to the spawn point of the world you’re currently in.
MRT Line Extensions
- sesese9 will be extending the Desert Line west from H28, terminating in Graycloud.
- _HeavenAngel_ will be performing a short extension to the Savannah Line, bringing it to a junction with the Southern Line.
As always, please don’t build along or claim any stations along the new lines until they are officially opened. We’ll post instructions on how to request stations once the lines are finished.
Roads and Other Rails
- IntraRail has been granted permission to serve MRT Land.
- SEAT has been approved to serve some towns in the vicinity of Larkspur, pending a small reroute.
- The B246 and B355W, proposed by FooteChicken and friends, have both been approved. (FooteChicken, please don’t use letter suffixes in road numbers in the future.)
Projects and events
With the anniversary on the horizon, we’ve reviewed several event funding proposals. Approved events and projects will start at a variety of dates, some to be announced in the near future, so keep an eye out for announcements by the respective organizers.
- Anniversary Meme Awards, proposed by chiefbozx: Approved
- MLS Shovelers’ Cup, proposed by Skelezomperman: Approved
- The Amazing Race 10, proposed by MinecraftYoshi26: Approved
- Big Brother 4, proposed by MinecraftYoshi26: Approved
- MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4, proposed by MinecraftYoshi26: Approved
- MGA Golf Events, proposed by London150: Approved
- The Amazing Glitch, proposed by CodyHM: Approved, provided that organizers do not participate.
- Jupiter Motors Rolling Stock Building Competition, proposed by CodyHM: Denied, as we believe there is significant incentive for Cody and other organizers to profit unfairly from this event.
- Zoo Community Build, proposed by BernCow: Denied.
Inactive Asset Transfers
- MikeRoma’s assets have been transferred as follows:
- Mike’s Fresh Produce: autobus22
- Royal Cars: woorich999
- Melon Shop: supykun
- iMorgan: MIKE24DUDE
- The random fort near Larkspur has been transferred to Vickiposa.
- The town of Genesis has been transferred to FredTheTimeLord.
- walehellothere requested ownership of AEville, but this was rejected.
- The Central City Performance Center, along with all other builds on that block, has been transferred to daltdisneyland.
- D9 Station has been transferred to Pueffe, pending an OK from Missa_Solemnis.
That’s all for now, thanks everyone!