I’ve got a couple cool announcements for you tonight.
First, thomasfyfe has been made a contributor to The Snapshot! You might see footage from him every now and then (including this week — thanks Thomas!), or interviews or whatever from his perspective. Check out his Minecraft / alternate YouTube channel blobstudiosALT, or his main channel blobstudios.
Second, I’ve finally updated the official texture pack! You can download it using the link on the right, on my YouTube channel, or just clicking this link. Again, it’s not required to play, but we recommend it. If you’re new to the pack, it’s a 16×16 (default) resolution, default- and oCd-inspired texture pack that has been promoted to official-pack status.
The changes in this pack from the old version are:
- Minecraft 1.3.x compatibility. Tripwire hooks and ender chests don’t look like pink cubes!
- Update to creative menu “survival” tab: the X is replaced with a red garbage can (or my really bad, pixelated interpretation of a garbage can. If you hate it, it’s easy to remove)
- Redstone wire adjusted a little bit (you probably won’t notice it)
- ctm.png (connected textures) for those of you with OptiFine or MCPatcher – and the glass is correct to the pack. OptiFine/MCPatcher is NOT required to use the pack — it’s only needed to see the connected glass.
- Made wool borderless (green/blue screen anyone?)
- Made wool less vibrant
- Redstone lamps have been retextured to look like the default, but be OCD compliant (no noise; solid colors)
- Iron door has been retextured. It is now a solid color with the border and the hinges from default. (no noise)
- Retextured the ores. Instead of having stone with colored bits in it, it’s now stone with the final product layered on it (so iron ore is stone with an iron ingot layered on top, coal ore is the same but with a lump of coal, etc).
- Signs and minecarts remain the same from the 1.2.5 version of the pack.
- Bug: the block breaking animation does not appear to be working correctly over OptiFine, however I have installed it in the correct place.
This pack should be 1.2.5 compatible, but please let me know if you run into issues. Download link is on the right where the old one was.
Also, with so many pack changes, I’m open to feedback from you guys. Please let me know if there’s something you’d like reverted, and I can probably arrange it.
Finally, as you might guess, MRTSw5 (Snapshot week 5) is on its way. Again, special thanks to thomasfyfe for providing some footage. It’ll be in the usual places (Snapshot page and my YouTube channel) once it’s done.
See you guys on the server!