We’ve added a new rule regarding dispensers:
- Dispensers are allowed, but do not use them to dispense lava, water, or spawn eggs.
Also, I’ve been doing some tweaking with the backup scripts in an attempt to reduce lag and mass disconnects from the server. Backups now run every 3 hours, instead of every hour.
I’ve got a couple cool announcements for you tonight.
First, thomasfyfe has been made a contributor to The Snapshot! You might see footage from him every now and then (including this week — thanks Thomas!), or interviews or whatever from his perspective. Check out his Minecraft / alternate YouTube channel blobstudiosALT, or his main channel blobstudios.
Second, I’ve finally updated the official texture pack! You can download it using the link on the right, on my YouTube channel, or just clicking this link. Again, it’s not required to play, but we recommend it. If you’re new to the pack, it’s a 16×16 (default) resolution, default- and oCd-inspired texture pack that has been promoted to official-pack status.
The changes in this pack from the old version are:
- Minecraft 1.3.x compatibility. Tripwire hooks and ender chests don’t look like pink cubes!
- Update to creative menu “survival” tab: the X is replaced with a red garbage can (or my really bad, pixelated interpretation of a garbage can. If you hate it, it’s easy to remove)
- Redstone wire adjusted a little bit (you probably won’t notice it)
- ctm.png (connected textures) for those of you with OptiFine or MCPatcher – and the glass is correct to the pack. OptiFine/MCPatcher is NOT required to use the pack — it’s only needed to see the connected glass.
- Made wool borderless (green/blue screen anyone?)
- Made wool less vibrant
- Redstone lamps have been retextured to look like the default, but be OCD compliant (no noise; solid colors)
- Iron door has been retextured. It is now a solid color with the border and the hinges from default. (no noise)
- Retextured the ores. Instead of having stone with colored bits in it, it’s now stone with the final product layered on it (so iron ore is stone with an iron ingot layered on top, coal ore is the same but with a lump of coal, etc).
- Signs and minecarts remain the same from the 1.2.5 version of the pack.
- Bug: the block breaking animation does not appear to be working correctly over OptiFine, however I have installed it in the correct place.
This pack should be 1.2.5 compatible, but please let me know if you run into issues. Download link is on the right where the old one was.
Also, with so many pack changes, I’m open to feedback from you guys. Please let me know if there’s something you’d like reverted, and I can probably arrange it.
Finally, as you might guess, MRTSw5 (Snapshot week 5) is on its way. Again, special thanks to thomasfyfe for providing some footage. It’ll be in the usual places (Snapshot page and my YouTube channel) once it’s done.
See you guys on the server!
In case you didn’t figure that out, MRTSw4 is short for “MRT Snapshot week 4”. It’s up on my channel as usual.
Also, there’s a new place where all of the Snapshot episodes will hang out from now on so that the homepage blog won’t be cluttered up with Snapshot videos. Link is on the right until Frumple adds it up top.
Send stuff to me, and I may include it in the series. I have selected the station for next week, but will need your help for MRTSw6.
Have a great week!
UPDATE: The Early Bird (first) tournament time has changed. It will now occur at 1:00 PM Pacific, 4:00 PM Eastern, 9:00 PM GMT. My apologies for the incorrect GMT time conversions earlier. If you need to switch tournaments, let me know.
So, I’ve got the Spleef tourney details ready! Before I list them and link you to the registration form, please note that times are subject to change. I will do my best to email everyone who is in the affected tournament(s) if a time change occurs, but I think that this schedule seems to work.
Please register for only one tournament, and do note that space is limited to 16 contestants per tournament (and given on a first-come, first-served basis). There is no priority for mods or mayors.
Visit this Google doc to see who is in each tournament, along with the rules and registration link. Or, if you’ve read all of the rules and promise you know what you’re doing, go straight to registration. Remember that you MUST be online when your tournament starts, or else you will forfeit (lose) your spot!
See you on Saturday!
I’ve uploaded Episode 3 of The Snapshot to my YouTube channel as expected. Details of the Spleef tournament will be announced sometime this week, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday to give you enough time to get registered. If there is enough interest, we’ll schedule a PVP tournament as well.
If you have newsworthy stuff, you know where to send it. 🙂 See you soon with Spleef details!
Update: To keep the home page from getting cluttered, I’ll post all of the new Snapshot episodes on a separate tab.