This is just a friendly reminder to all players on our server of the following rule:
“No malicious client mods or hacks.”
What constitutes a “malicious” mod or hack? A malicious mod is one that allows the player to:
- Circumvent or disrupt the normal operation of Bukkit plugins, such as WorldGuard region protections.
- Use banned items, such as invisibility potions.
- Use overpowered items that cannot be normally created, such as “god armor”, high-powered weapons, or long-lasting potions.
- Cause lag spikes and/or cause other players to drop from the server.
- Perform actions at faster speeds, such as breaking blocks faster or flying faster.
There are some client mods that we consider not malicious, and these include mods that:
- Improve the FPS of the player’s client, such as Optifine.
- Provide a mini-map on the client screen or other navigational device, such as Rei’s Mini-map.
- Provide the player with x-ray vision. This is a freebuild creative server, so this sort of ability is generally useless anyway.
- Generally don’t cause any detriment to the server, or the experience of other players on the server.
Any player caught using a malicious mod will be subject to a formal warning or possible ban from the server. If you are unsure whether the mod you use might be considered malicious, please contact your nearest staff member or e-mail the admins at admin (at) minecartrapidtransit.net for clarification.