The last General Staff Meeting of the year has concluded. The audio recording for the public portion is available, but this time around I also streamed the public portion on my Twitch channel and uploaded it to my YouTube. The recordings are available below:
Before we get into the GSM results proper, I would like to announce that as of January 1st of 2018, we have decided to bring on two new [Admins] to the server. chiefbozx is actually a former admin who is returning to the admin position after a 3-month probation as a moderator, while godzilltrain is a long-time contributor to the server and brand new to the administrator team.
Congratulations to both Chief and Godz for their promotions!
A new rule has been introduced: Speak English when having conversations in public chat.
For this rule, “public chat” refers to the global and media channels, and any conversations in Mumble or Discord. Please note that conversations in other languages are allowed as one-off jokes in public chat, or any conversations in private messages or project channels. This rule has been put in place because public conversations in other languages exclude others and are not respectful to others.
Another change has been made to our Warning and Ban Policy: Guests will no longer receive warnings. Instead, guests will now be immediately muted or banned upon any infraction of the rules, at the discretion of the staff member.
In practice, staff have rarely ever given warnings to guests. This update to our policy simply reflects what has been done historically.
MRT Line Extension Station Allocations
Allocations for the Desert Line, Zephyr Line North, and Forest Line extensions are now complete. Note that the allocations below are based at the time of the writing of this website post, and that unclaimed towns may have become claimed since that time.
- D24 – Granted to jamess2912
- D25 – Town of Bikini Bottom by Traindood
- D26 – Unclaimed
- D27 – Unclaimed
- D28 – City of Whiteley by AP_Red
- D29 – Town of Eep by SoSo123
- D30 – Granted to CyAmethyst
- D31 – Claimed by ConnConn2005
- D32 – Town of Marsius by SoSo123
- D33 – Town of Fenton by zefunman
- D34 – Claimed by FredTheTimeLord
- D35 – Town of Temple (claimable by auction request)
- D36 – Unclaimed
- D37 – Town of Cavia by Captain_Cavy
Zephyr Line North
- ZN23 – Unnamed town by XtremeCoder
- ZN24 – Claimed by Frosty_Creeper10 and XtremeCoder (to be shared)
- ZN25 – Granted to Frosty_Creeper10
- ZN26 – Unnamed town by Arndorious
- ZN27 – Unclaimed
- ZN28 – Claimed by mcgamer1444
- ZN29 – Unclaimed
- ZN30 – Granted to DevranTheBoyxD
- ZN31 – Town of Plimont by bensismith
- ZN32 – Town of Chalxior by SoSo123
- ZN33 – Town of Chalxior by SoSo123
- ZN34 – Town of Chalxior by SoSo123
- ZN35 – Not claimable at this time
- ZN36 – Unclaimed
- ZN37 – Unclaimed
- ZN38 – Granted to PineapplePerv
- ZN39 – Unclaimed
- ZN40 – Unclaimed
- ZN41 – Unnamed town by _Smae (claimable by auction request)
- ZN42 – Unclaimed
- ZN43 – Granted to MrBearGames
- ZN44 – Granted to mcgamer1444
- ZN45 – Unnamed town by __PiKs__
- ZN46 – Granted to megascatterbomb
- F29 – Granted to PtldKnight
- F30 – Town of Lutetia by Yellowitcher
- F31 – Claimed by mcgamer1444
- F32 – Granted to dubs17
- F33 – Claimed by ThermonuclearWar
- F34 – Granted to woorich999
- F35 – Granted to CyAmethyst
- F36 – Claimed by SubmergedDisney
- F37 – Claimed by ModernArt
- F38 – Granted to Baseball02
- F39 – Claimed by CoolWolfPower
- F40 – Granted to Halfy_Crafty
- F41 – Granted to BernCow
- A proposal by fffelix_jan to build the B230 around a portion of Monterey Bay has been partially approved. The western section to Christmas Island has been denied as it has no utility, while the eastern section encircling the bay has been approved. However, a proposal to bridge the road over the Eastern Line has been denied.
- A proposal by autobus22 and time2makemymove to split the A5 further south into the A5 to Whiteley, and the A511 branching to the east has been approved. The subsequent B-roads B56 and B54 in this area have also been approved.
- A proposal by Mossie to build the A2 from Verdantium to the south has been partially approved. The portion running parallel to the eastern edge of the world has been approved, while the portion connecting to the west side of Verdantium has been denied, as we don’t think there is enough utility in having this road while there are existing local roads in Verdantium that provide the same connection. If there is further development south of Verdantium, then we may consider this section to be viable at a later date.
- A proposal by IcyGoomba to build the B227 connecting from the A30 up to EN16 has been denied for now as it currently overlaps fffelix_jan’s B230 proposal. We would recommend that IcyGoomba resubmit a new proposal once the B230 has been completed.
- A proposal by Kel5 to build the A230 and subsequent B-roads has been approved. The A230 connects up with the south portion of Mossie’s A2 proposal, running east-west south of the MRT Eastern Line, with the B232 and B233 reaching up to connect the stations to the highway.
- A proposal by FredTheTimeLord to build the Vernal-Monterey Canal through New Bakersville has been partially approved. Only the Phase II portion from the Monterey Lake side into New Bakersville will be approved. For the actual connection between these lakes, we would rather that a separate canal be built further south with the narrowest portion of land.
- A request by _HeavenAngel_ to take over the town of Ocean City and integrate it into Quiris has been approved.
- A request by AlfiePops to gain ownership of Mason City (C12) has been deferred to next GSM. We have decided to wait to see if kiwirainbow, the original mayor of the town, returns for the holidays before making a decision about this town. This topic will be automatically added to the next GSM agenda, so Alfie does not need to resubmit his proposal then.
Premier City Reviews
- The city of Espil by EspiDev was considered for promotion but was denied. Feedback from the Premier review can be found here.
City Rank Candidate Batch #20 Results
The latest City Rank Candidate Batch has concluded, with the results coming out on Christmas Day. The feedback from this batch can be viewed here.
Congratulations to the following new [Senator] towns:
- Kantō by camelfantasy (Town Only)
- Levittown by Narasmar
The Snapshot Returns LIVE
The Snapshot, hosted by chiefbozx and Just_robinho, returns in a live format this coming Sunday, January 7th from 9pm to 10:30pm UTC on chiefbozx’s YouTube channel. Be sure to watch and join the fun!
MRT Holiday Town Decoration Contest
Submissions to the MRT Holiday Town Decoration Contest are now closed, and public voting is now open. To vote, please find the link to the voting form in the #announcements channel in Discord. Voting will close on Sunday, January 14th, 23:59 UTC, with the results announced shortly after.
Next GSM Date
The date of the next General Staff Meeting has been set for Sunday, January 21st at the usual time of 7pm UTC. As always, please be sure to submit any topics, road/project proposals, or auction requests by the 48-hour cutoff on Friday, January 19th, 7pm UTC, submitting them to the staff e-mail address.
Please also note the next GSM will be held on Discord instead of Mumble. This is now possible since I will be recording both the private and public portions via streaming software, and streaming the public portion like we did at the last GSM.
That’s all for now.