Here are the results of the January 2023 GSM.
New Central Park Spawn
Thanks to the work of McYoshi26, SimonScholar, 0x10, and chiefbozx, a new Central Park spawn area has been designed. The new spawn has the following improvements:
- Improved color signage and pathfinding makes it easier for new guests and existing members to find what they want.
- All warps (Premier, MRT terminus, and important locations) have been moved out of the Welcome Centre into a new open area closer to spawn.
- An “Airport” warp has been added that will warp the player to a randomly-selected Governor-level airport.
- The portals to other worlds have also been moved closer to spawn.
- The Central Park Expo and Zephyr Line MRT Stations are now directly accessible by elevator.
The new spawn is not installed yet, but will be sometime later this week.
New Custom Tablist
A new custom tablist has been installed on the server. This tablist has the following visual improvements:
- An abbreviated rank and numerical ping (in milliseconds) will now appear next to each player in the list. AFK and vanished indicators will also appear here.
- Staff and conductors now have their player name colored matching their rank, and staff only will have their names bolded. This helps distinguish staff, conductors, and regular members from each other in the list.
- Commands on the bottom of the tablist will help direct new players to important websites and resources that will help introduce them to our server.
Debug stick is now allowed for Trustees and above
Trustees and above can now use debug stick to change block states themselves, thus no longer needing to ask conductors or staff for debug stick assistance.
Trustees and above can now also use the WorldEdit cycler and info tools, using the commands /tool cycler and /tool info. The cycler tool is very similar to the debug stick, while the info tool provides detailed information about the selected block.
Syscraft Server Showcase
Syscraft is a community made up of server admins, staff, and developers, and they have previously held a “Server Showcase” where for a period of 1 week each, a Minecraft server is featured on their Discord and the Syscraft community members can visit and provide feedback about that server.
Syscraft will be doing another Server Showcase soon, so we have decided to apply our server to it. If we are accepted, then I (Frumple) will provide more details on how/when this showcase will happen for our server.
MRT Valley Line Extension Allocations
The final Valley Line extension has been completed. The only allocation is as follows:
- V51 – Spegit
All other unclaimed stations are now available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
That is all for this GSM. See you at the next GSM on Sunday, February 12 at 7pm UTC.